REPORT: Judiciary Committee Democrats declare former Trump lawyer must testify May 21 or face contempt charge
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The House Judiciary Committee scheduled a May 21 appearance by former White House counsel Don McGahn, setting up a possible contempt vote if he doesn’t show up.
President Trump has indicated he does not want McGahn to testify or turn over documents requested by the Democrat-led panel, citing through lawyer William Burck, “significant Executive Branch confidential interests and Executive privilege.”
The article goes on to state the following:
But Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., said McGahn must secure a court order excusing him from appearing or face a contempt of Congress charge if he doesn’t appear.
House Judiciary Cmte. has given notice that May 21 hearing is scheduled for former White House Counsel McGahn’s testimony, though cmte. source says McGahn has not confirmed that he will attend.
Chairman Nadler has said McGahn will be subject to contempt if he does not attend.
— NBC Politics (@NBCPolitics) May 14, 2019
The panel subpoenaed McGahn to appear to discuss special counsel Robert Mueller’s report into Russian interference in the 2016 election and McGahn’s communications with the president regarding the probe. https://t.co/YRhuRjEaFh
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- UPDATE: Trump responds to U.S. judge’s ruling on financial records
- BREAKING: Cohen identified which Trump associate told him to lie, allegedly
- VIDEO: Trump holds MAGA rally in Pennsylvania
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- REPORT: Illegal Convicted of Raping Dog to Death Released by Sanctuary State
- VIDEO: Anti-Trump actor makes odd statement about Trump winning in 2020
- BREAKING: DOJ offers a deal to House Intel Committee if Schiff drops threat against Barr
- BREAKING: Nadler goes after two former Trump White House aides with subpoenas
- REPORT: Lynch on whether Obama ordered politically motivated infiltration of Trump campaign
- REPORT: Fox News commentator attacks Trump, fires back at his criticism of the channel