REPORT: Judiciary Committee Democrats declare former Trump lawyer must testify May 21 or face contempt charge
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The House Judiciary Committee scheduled a May 21 appearance by former White House counsel Don McGahn, setting up a possible contempt vote if he doesn’t show up.
President Trump has indicated he does not want McGahn to testify or turn over documents requested by the Democrat-led panel, citing through lawyer William Burck, “significant Executive Branch confidential interests and Executive privilege.”
The article goes on to state the following:
But Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., said McGahn must secure a court order excusing him from appearing or face a contempt of Congress charge if he doesn’t appear.
House Judiciary Cmte. has given notice that May 21 hearing is scheduled for former White House Counsel McGahn’s testimony, though cmte. source says McGahn has not confirmed that he will attend.
Chairman Nadler has said McGahn will be subject to contempt if he does not attend.
— NBC Politics (@NBCPolitics) May 14, 2019
The panel subpoenaed McGahn to appear to discuss special counsel Robert Mueller’s report into Russian interference in the 2016 election and McGahn’s communications with the president regarding the probe. https://t.co/YRhuRjEaFh
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Watch: Students Say Obama Immigration Quote Is ‘Racist’
- REPORT: Green card scam thwarted by ‘best sex ever’ text that arrived as immigration agent was reviewing phone
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- REPORT: Justin Bieber makes public appeal to Trump
- REPORT: Smollett Tries To Get Special Prosecutor Dropped, Makes New Claim
- VIDEO: Megan Rapinoe comments on possibility of running for office
- REPORT: ‘I just made it up’… Florida Dem admits lying about Pulse shooting
- REPORT: O’Rourke releases plan affecting Social Security
- REPORT: Mexican President risks feud with Trump over El Chapo’s fortune, slams ‘inhumane’ prison conditions
- REPORT: Twitter Suspends Angel Mom for Posting About Illegal Immigration