REPORT: Judge Sanctions Trump Admin After Citizenship Question Lawsuit
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
An Obama-appointed federal judge sanctioned the Trump administration Thursday, ruling that the White House did not provide sufficient documentation amid its failed attempt to add a citizenship question to the 2020 Census.
Jesse Furman, a federal judge for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, ordered the Trump administration on Thursday to pay attorney fees as punishment.
The article goes on to state the following:
The administration, Furman found, did not provide hundreds of relevant documents that should’ve been turned over when it was sued for trying to add a citizenship question on this year’s census survey.
The Daily Caller also revealed that Furman, “who initially ruled against the question being included in the census, followed up on the Supreme Court’s ruling a month later by issuing an order that permanently blocked the White House from adding the question.”
US District Court Judge Jesse Furman denies request of @TheJusticeDept to change lawyers handling #2020Census case, calling it “patently deficient” and providing no “satisfactory reasons.” https://t.co/Bm1klKcisI
— Steve Herman (@W7VOA) July 9, 2019
Court has ruled that the Trump administration’s failure to produce documents is “unacceptable for any litigant.”https://t.co/AnlwRBFVCx
— NBC 24 (@NBC24WNWO) May 21, 2020
The judge in New York ordered the administration to pay some of the costs and fees of nonprofit advocacy groups that had sought the sanctions.https://t.co/v7hW7smJ41
— FOX 42 KPTM (@FOX42KPTM) May 21, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Incredible video of undercover officer disarming man who stole rifle from police
- VIDEO: GOP Senator: If Local Law Enforcement Overwhelmed, Let’s See How Anarchists Respond When the 101st Airborne Is on the Other Side of the Street
- VIDEO: Dallas business owner trying to defend store beaten and stoned by rioters – DML responds
- BREAKING: Historic church near White House set on fire by rioters [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Dozens rendered unconscious by Minneapolis police neckholds in past five years
- VIDEO: Some police officers support protesters by taking a knee
- REPORT: Cuomo calls for independent investigations into all police brutality allegations
- REPORT: Viral photo shows cop being protected by black protesters during riot
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton launches accusation at Trump about ‘calling for violence’
- REPORT: Sessions Admits Trump’s Frustration With Russia Probe ‘Not All Unjustified’