REPORT: Judge rules in case of Michigan barber who opened despite lockdown order
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A Michigan judge has ruled that a barber who defied the state’s stay-at-home order and opened his business does not have to close.
Karl Manke, 77, has kept his Owosso, Michigan, barbershop open since May 4, despite a license suspension, a cease and desist order, and a temporary restraining order from the state’s attorney general. A Shiawassee County judge ruled Thursday he can remain open, according to the Lansing State Journal.
The article goes on to state the following:
Shiawassee County Circuit Court Judge Matthew Stewart opted not to grant Attorney General Dana Nessel her request to force Manke’s closure, which effectively allows Manke to keep cutting hair.
From the Journal:
Stewart said the decision was a “close call” in an opinion issued Thursday.
He said it makes sense at face value that putting people close together for prolonged amounts of time poses a public health risk, but the attorney general’s office failed to say how Manke’s shop was a risk.
“(The attorney general) has not presented any studies underlying the doctor’s conclusion. (The attorney general) has not shown any nexus between the cutting of hair and an increased risk of transmission,” Stewart wrote in his opinion. “(The attorney general’s) filings rest more on general facts about COVID-19 than specific practices or conditions at (Manke’s) business.”
Judge rules in favor of Michigan barber allowing him to stay open despite lockdown order https://t.co/6dvjckR3Y0
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 22, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Incredible video of undercover officer disarming man who stole rifle from police
- VIDEO: Dallas business owner trying to defend store beaten and stoned by rioters – DML responds
- BREAKING: Historic church near White House set on fire by rioters [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Dozens rendered unconscious by Minneapolis police neckholds in past five years
- VIDEO: Some police officers support protesters by taking a knee
- REPORT: Cuomo calls for independent investigations into all police brutality allegations
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton launches accusation at Trump about ‘calling for violence’
- REPORT: Sessions Admits Trump’s Frustration With Russia Probe ‘Not All Unjustified’
- EXCLUSIVE: Single mom, physician assistant posts blistering open letter to Gov. Cuomo [READ]
- VIDEO: Minnesota governor makes announcement authorizing National Guard