REPORT: Judge rejects lawsuit against Trump over records on meetings
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A judge on Monday rejected a lawsuit against President Trump over not keeping records of his meetings with foreign leaders.
U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson, an Obama-appointee, ruled in a 22-page decision that past legal precedents say she cannot monitor the White House’s enforcement of laws on how executive branch records are kept.
The article goes on to state the following:
Because the lawsuit concerns how the White House acted, instead of the legality of the policies on keeping records, she said she did not have the power to ensure the White House followed those policies.
However, the Obama-appointed judge declared, “This opinion will not address, and should not be interpreted to endorse, the challenged practices; nor does it include any finding that the Executive Office [of the President] is in compliance with its obligations.”
— The Hill (@thehill) February 11, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Black Guns Matter founder mocks potential Bloomberg-Clinton ticket with ‘SUPER’ nickname
- REPORT: Assange lawyer claims Trump offered pardon in exchange for this favor
- Last day for FREE MIRACLE ME MINI
- REPORT: Soros demands ouster of Zuckerberg, Sandberg from Facebook
- First Look At Bloomberg’s Super Bowl Ad
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain gets into fiery spat with Joy Behar over Bloomberg
- VIDEO: Trump speaks out on AG Bill Barr
- VIDEO: Greg Gutfeld speculates on why Bloomberg is ‘getting a pass’
- REPORT: Limbaugh says Trump advised him after Buttigieg remarks
- VIDEO: Jason Chaffetz comments on why ‘deep state’ is ‘scared to death’ of Trump