REPORT: Judge hints at letting House lawsuit over Trump tax returns proceed
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A federal judge on Wednesday signaled that he may let House Democrats’ lawsuit over their requests and subpoenas for President Trump’s tax returns proceed.
The Trump administration and Trump’s personal lawyers filed a motion to dismiss House Democrats’ lawsuit in September, arguing that the Democratic-led Ways and Means Committee can’t force the federal courts to take a side in the dispute. The committee filed a brief in response, urging the court to reject the administration’s motion.
The article goes on to state the following:
At a hearing on Wednesday, Judge Trevor McFadden, a Trump appointee on the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, didn’t issue a ruling but gave some of his early thoughts about the parties’ briefs and asked questions about their arguments.
McFadden asked House lawyers “to consider your causes of action” and decide if they would be willing to withdraw some of their counts if he allowed others move forward in order to avoid ruling on things he didn’t need to rule on.
A federal judge said today that he’d like to see if a compromise is possible in House Democrats’ lawsuit seeking President Trump’s long-hidden tax returns https://t.co/bcfgYg2QVp
— POLITICO (@politico) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Spoiler Alert: Here’s what happened to Sean Spicer on ‘Dancing With the Stars’
- BREAKING: Supreme Court makes decision on lawsuit against gun manufacturer brought by Sandy Hook families
- VIDEO: Former McCain campaign manager predicts who Trump’s 2020 VP running mate will be
- OP-ED: Fox analyst says Democrats’ Trump impeachment inquiry is already in big trouble, thanks to one man
- REPORT: The Supreme Court Looks Ready To Uphold Trump’s Bid To End DACA
- REPORT: Colin Kaepernick gets opportunity from NFL: ‘Can’t wait to see the head coaches and GMs’
- VIDEO: Fox anchor blasts Mollie Hemingway for naming alleged whistleblower
- REPORT: First Member of Congress Names Alleged ‘Whistleblower’: ‘He’s Not Voldemort’
- POLL: Do you support Trump making a “deal” for DACA recipients to stay?
- REPORT: Dem congressman’s campaign has now paid over $1M to sister’s firm