REPORT: Judge deals blow to Jussie Smollett
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A federal judge on Tuesday declined to dismiss the city of Chicago’s lawsuit against former “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett.
U.S. District Judge Virginia Kendall rejected a motion filed by Smollett’s attorneys, The Associated Press reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
The lawyers argued in the motion, filed last month, that Smollett should not have to pay the city $130,000 because the actor did not know how much time and money would be dedicated to investigating his allegations that he was the victim of a racist and homophobic attack.
CLICK HERE to read more.
— The Hill (@thehill) October 22, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Donald Trump Jr walks off stage at book launch after heckling – from supporters
- BREAKING: U.S. judge issues ruling on Trump lawsuit to block House from getting his state tax returns
- BREAKING: Pentagon official makes allegations about Trump and Ukraine in testimony [READ TRANSCRIPT]
- BREAKING: Mexico makes arrests in massacre of American women, children -minister
- REPORT: Rex Tillerson speaks out after Haley accusation
- EXCLUSIVE: Veteran rips into NYC anti-Trump protesters in fiery confrontation [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Details emerge of how Trump saved the NYC Veterans Day Parade nearly 20 years ago
- VIDEO: Trump NYC Veterans Day speech met with protests
- REPORT: House Dem.: Americans Will Be ‘Startled’ by ‘Virtuous’ Witnesses — It Will Be ‘Game-Changer’
- VIDEO: Things Get Awkward On MSNBC When Student Makes Statement About Jeffrey Epstein