REPORT: Judge blocks release of Coast Guard officer accused of drafting hit list
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
A federal judge in Maryland on Monday blocked the release of a Coast Guard lieutenant accused of stockpiling combat gear and compiling a hit list of prominent Democrats and TV journalists. U.S. District Judge George Hazel agreed to revoke a magistrate’s order to free 50-year-old Christopher Hasson from custody while he awaits trial on firearms and drug charges.
“Reasonable judges can disagree and this is such a situation,” Hazel said, citing the difficulty of the case. Prosecutors had asked Hazel to review U.S. Magistrate Judge Charles Day’s order last week allowing Hasson to be released from custody and supervised by relatives in Virginia.
The article goes on to state the following:
Day didn’t order Hasson’s immediate release. Instead, he gave prosecutors time to appeal.
Prosecutors have called Hasson a domestic terrorist intent on carrying out a killing spree, but they haven’t filed any terrorism-related charges against him since his Feb. 15 arrest.
Prosecutors have called Hasson a domestic terrorist intent on carrying out a killing spreehttps://t.co/dPss46Rs5p
— TribLIVE.com (@TribLIVE) May 13, 2019
NEW: Federal judge blocks release of Coast Guard Lt. accused of plotting mass terror attack. The ruling overturns lower court’s release order. Prosecutors have called Christopher Hasson a “domestic terrorist” and said “his continued detention is imperative.” @WMAR2News pic.twitter.com/8Me9Mj9Qra
— Mallory Sofastaii WMAR (@mal_sofastaii) May 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- UPDATE: Trump responds to U.S. judge’s ruling on financial records
- VIDEO: Trump holds MAGA rally in Pennsylvania
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- BREAKING: Cohen identified which Trump associate told him to lie, allegedly
- REPORT: Illegal Convicted of Raping Dog to Death Released by Sanctuary State
- VIDEO: Anti-Trump actor makes odd statement about Trump winning in 2020
- BREAKING: DOJ offers a deal to House Intel Committee if Schiff drops threat against Barr
- BREAKING: Nadler goes after two former Trump White House aides with subpoenas
- REPORT: Lynch on whether Obama ordered politically motivated infiltration of Trump campaign
- REPORT: Fox News commentator attacks Trump, fires back at his criticism of the channel