REPORT: Joe Biden made chilling comments about the power of politicians
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
Former Vice President Joe Biden told a journalist in 1974 that “cruddy politicians” like himself could “take away” the First Amendment if they wanted.
The current 2020 Democrat frontrunner made the comments to Washingtonian magazine while being interviewed for a profile published in June 1974. Biden, then only 31-years-old, came to regret the interview, as his penchant for gaffes and insensitive remarks—traits defining later portions of his career—heavily colored the piece. At the time, however, Biden appeared eager to discuss his life as the nation’s youngest senator.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I am proud to be a politician,” Biden told then-Washingtonian writer Kitty Kelley, who authored the profile. “There is no other walk of life which can do more good for mankind than politics. It influences everything that happens to the American people.”
Joe Biden: ‘Politicians Can Take Away’ First Amendment ‘If We Want’
Does Joe Biden still think that politicians can take away your First Amendment rights if they want? Seems if you believe something that extreme you’re not likely changing your mind. https://t.co/yNcBwk2g7f
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) June 11, 2019
He puts himself over doctors and “indian chiefs”.https://t.co/a242dJvwDw
“us cruddy politicians can take away that First Amendment of yours if we want to.” https://t.co/UyG8IZEkpo
— Frank Jonen (@frankjonen) June 12, 2019
Read the original article. Biden uses the First Amendment threat as an example of what could happen if people aren’t engaged: “The penalty good men pay for not becoming involved in politics is being governed by men worse than themselves.” https://t.co/UDBmMvsMlm
— Jim Puzzanghera (@JimPuzzanghera) June 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News founder Dennis Michael Lynch discusses the homeless crisis in America and premiers 15-min of his new film on the subject in the video below. Watch:
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting BREITBART.COM
Trending on DML News App
- POLL: Is Fox Moving to the Left?
- REPORT: Major retailer experiencing widespread register outages; customers irate
- Trump newest tweet warns of a stock market crash
- REPORT: Jim Acosta’s Embarrassing Book Signing
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday
- REPORT: Flight forced to change course after passenger assaulted flight attendant
- BREAKING: Trump accuses New York Times of treason
- REPORT: DOJ inspector general resolved ‘hang up’ on first Carter Page FISA application [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Financial disclosure shows the millions of dollars Ivanka Trump earned from DC Trump hotel
- REPORT: 1 killed, 3 injured after shooting at Costco