REPORT: The job no GOP senator wants: ‘I’d rather have a root canal’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A prime chairmanship is poised to come open in the Senate next year. The problem? No GOP senators seem to want it.
Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.) is set to retire in approximately a month, creating an opening atop the Senate Ethics Committee, a behind-the-scenes panel responsible for enforcing standards of behavior for senators and their staff and investigating potential violations of federal law or the Senate’s rules.
The article goes on to state the following:
Isakson, who has chaired the committee for nearly five years, told The Hill that he doesn’t know who his successor will be, but encouraged his colleagues to accept the chairmanship if Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) asks them.
Nearly all of the GOP senators who spoke with The Hill, as well as members who sit on the committee, passed on the opportunity for the position.
When asked if she would like to chair the committee, Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.) said, “Uh, I’m going to say probably not.”
“I don’t think that’s a sought after position,” she added.
.@SenPatRoberts: “I’ve been on the damn [Ethics] committee for now, what, 22 years? It’s a Senate record, everybody else gets on and gets off, and they won’t let me get off.” https://t.co/B0Iw1F8X6i
— Zach C. Cohen (@Zachary_Cohen) November 30, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- BREAKING: Senate votes on House-passed Paycheck Protection Program reform bill
- VIDEO: 2 NYPD cops shot, another stabbed in neck during ‘unprovoked’ attack
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- REPORT: DOJ files formal appeal with Supreme Court over House access to Mueller grand jury material
- EXCLUSIVE: Single mom, physician assistant posts blistering open letter to Gov. Cuomo [READ]
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- REPORT: Trump gives Grenell something special after he steps down
- VIDEO: Joe Biden Speaks Up About Suggestions to Abolish ICE