REPORT: Ivanka Trump quietly pushing for gun control legislation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Ivanka Trump is pushing for new gun control legislation in the aftermath of the mass shootings in Dayton, Ohio, and El Paso, Texas, earlier this month.
The mass shootings that left over 30 people dead have jumpstarted the debate for additional gun control measures.
The article goes on to state the following:
Last week, Ivanka Trump spoke with West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin to hear about the background check bill he proposed back in 2013 with Pennsylvania Republican Sen. Pat Toomey. The bill, which was originally introduced after the Sandy Hook shooting, would force background checks for nearly all commercial gun sales, but there are obstacles in the way of it passing.
“She called Manchin and said she was trying to get a sense of what bills are out there,” a Manchin aide told Axios. “She had him explain how they drafted the bill, where it stands and what changes needed to be made in order for it to pass.”
Ivanka Trump has quietly been making calls to members of Congress in the days following the deadly mass shootings in Dayton and El Paso to gauge where they stand on pending gun legislation. https://t.co/q1mcuX6Uj6
— Axios (@axios) August 13, 2019
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) August 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Justice Department inspector general reportedly completes FISA abuse investigation [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: Tlaib’s response to bombing death of 17-yr-old Israeli girl sparks outrage
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: One Of Kavanaugh’s High School Classmates Is Suing HuffPost For ‘Fabricated’ Reporting
- REPORT: Pelosi again breaks with Democrats on impeachment
- VIDEO: Pro-Trump Ms. Nevada has been stripped of her crown
- REPORT: White House is irritated over Nikki Haley’s mysterious tweet
- REPORT: NFL player found dead along with wife, son sought by police