REPORT: Italy reports shocking number of new coronavirus cases, deaths, in just one day
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Italian authorities reported 683 new deaths related to the coronavirus outbreak on Wednesday and a total of 5,210 new cases, a short drop from Tuesday’s spike in deaths but higher than several previous days’ totals.
The country’s Civil Protection Agency now lists the total number of confirmed coronavirus infections at 74,386, with 1,000 Italians reporting that they had recovered from the disease since yesterday according to the Johns Hopkins tracking map.
The article goes on to state the following:
Reuters reported Wednesday that Angelo Borrelli, head of the Civil Protection Agency, has reported fever symptoms and is himself awaiting test results for a possible coronavirus infection. He was absent from a daily news conference on Wednesday, according to the news service.
As of Wednesday early afternoon, there are 458,662 confirmed cases of coronavirus worldwide, and 20,799 deaths.
Italy is rated second in the world for number of cases of the disease, but first in the world for number of deaths. A total of 74,386 cases have been reported in Italy, 7,503 deaths, and 9,362 people recovered.
— The Hill (@thehill) March 25, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: New ‘hot spot’ state: Coronavirus cases jump 42 percent in one day
- REPORT: Romney joins Dem senator to send ‘warning’ to Trump
- REPORT: Scientists warn about one way COVID-19 can be transmitted
- VIDEO: Healthy 39-year-old DJ died of coronavirus. What his young widow and daughter want you to know [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Republicans rip ‘partisan’ Pelosi panel on coronavirus response: ‘This isn’t about oversight’
- REPORT: Experts, Trump advisers doubt White House coronavirus deaths estimate
- VIDEO: Bernie Sanders snaps at crying baby at campaign event
- REPORT: Biden Has Earned 11 Pinocchios From Fact-Checkers During Coronavirus Crisis
- VIDEO: WWII veteran recovers from coronavirus in time to celebrate 104th birthday [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: TWO cops from same police department die of COVID-19 on the same day [PHOTOS]