REPORT: Israel historians fire back at Rashida Tlaib
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Israeli scholars have blasted Rashida Tlaib, a Michigan congresswoman and Democrat, for her comments that her Palestinian ancestors provided a “safe haven” for Jews during the Holocaust.
“Rashida Tlaib is either completely ignorant of the history or is a deliberate liar,” Prof. Benny Morris, a leading scholar of British Mandatory Palestine and the formation of the country of Israel, told Haaretz.
The article goes on to state the following:
He added that Palestinians “did nothing to alleviate the suffering of the Jews at Nazi hands. Rather the opposite: The Arabs of [British Mandatory] Palestine, during the whole period — and supported by the neighboring Arab states — did all they could to prevent Jews trying to escape Nazi hands from reaching the (relatively safe) shores of Palestine.”
Morris noted that the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem Haj Amin al-Husseini “called for the massacre of Jews in the Arab world on Nazi radio stations — an anti-Jewish ‘jihad’ — and helped the Nazis recruit Muslims from the Balkans for the SS and Wehrmacht.”
Policing my words, twisting & turning them to ignite vile attacks on me will not work. All of you who are trying to silence me will fail miserably. I will never allow you to take my words out of context to push your racist and hateful agenda. The truth will always win.
— Rashida Tlaib (@RashidaTlaib) May 13, 2019
“Palestinian historian Dr. Adel Manna, a senior research fellow at the Van Leer Jerusalem Institute, expressed bewilderment when asked about Tlaib’s “safe haven” reference.
“I don’t know what she meant,” Manna said.”
— Ben Domenech (@bdomenech) May 14, 2019
Israeli scholars have blasted Rashida Tlaib for her comments that her Palestinian ancestors provided a “safe haven” for Jews during the Holocaust.https://t.co/Q6RggoLasA
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Watch: Students Say Obama Immigration Quote Is ‘Racist’
- REPORT: Green card scam thwarted by ‘best sex ever’ text that arrived as immigration agent was reviewing phone
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- REPORT: Justin Bieber makes public appeal to Trump
- REPORT: Smollett Tries To Get Special Prosecutor Dropped, Makes New Claim
- VIDEO: Megan Rapinoe comments on possibility of running for office
- REPORT: ‘I just made it up’… Florida Dem admits lying about Pulse shooting
- REPORT: Twitter Suspends Angel Mom for Posting About Illegal Immigration
- VIDEO: Knifeman storms on stage and STABS Tomb Raider star
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question