REPORT: Iran Triggers Concern About Uranium Enrichment
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
The Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) has boosted the number of centrifuge machines used for enriching uranium at the country’s Fordow nuclear site to over 1,000 units, a special AEOI aide said Sunday.
The semi-official Tansim news agency said only 720 centrifuges were spinning at the major Fordow nuclear site before the beginning of nuclear negotiations with the world powers that led to the 2015 JCPOA deal, but the number has now reached 1,044.
The article goes on to state the following:
In comments at an exhibition in Iran’s western city of Sanandaj on Sunday, spokesman Ali Asghar Zarean revealed 10 generations of centrifuges have come into existence in the world so far, and Iran has brought seven of those generations into operation.
According to Reuters, “Iran has followed through on a threat to accelerate its production of enriched uranium, the head of the U.N. atomic watchdog said on Monday, departing from his usual guarded language to say he was worried about increasing tension.”
CBC News further reports:
Yukiya Amano, director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), which is responsible for monitoring Iranian compliance with the nuclear deal, said Iran was now producing more enriched uranium than before, but it was not clear when it might reach stockpile limits set in the pact.
“Yes, [the] production rate is increasing,” he told a news conference when asked if enriched uranium production had accelerated since the agency’s last quarterly report, which found Iran compliant with the nuclear deal as of May 20. He declined to quantify the increase.
Iran has accelerated enrichment of uranium, IAEA says https://t.co/6h2JkauTXT
— Reuters Iran (@ReutersIran) June 10, 2019
Iran has increased production of enriched uranium, UN atomic watchdog says. https://t.co/sSHiGCIOCG
— CBC News Alerts (@CBCAlerts) June 10, 2019
Iran has followed through on a threat to accelerate its production of enriched uranium, the head of the UN atomic watchdog said, departing from his usual guarded language to say he was worried about increasing tension.https://t.co/o3RdII4iuu
— Al Arabiya English (@AlArabiya_Eng) June 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting BREITBART.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Judge dismisses House Dem’s lawsuit over border wall funding
- BREAKING: Trump makes major announcement on deportations, DML responds
- VIDEO: Former campaign staffer charged with murdering ex-senator
- REPORT: ‘Baby Trump’ balloon expected to greet president at major campaign event
- TRUMP TWEET: Something weird going on at Fox
- BREAKING: VIDEO: Shooting at Toronto Raptors Championship celebration
- REPORT: Wife shoots her Army husband dead just days after he filed restraining order
- REPORT: Muslim Mob Burns Christian Church After Arrest
- VIDEO: Mayor of border town overrun by illegal immigrants blasts federal government
- REPORT: State Department identifies 23 violations, ‘multiple security incidents’ concerning Clinton emails