REPORT: Iran Braces for Protests After Admitting Plane Shootdown
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Iran’s security forces deployed in large numbers across the capital on Sunday, expecting more protests after its Revolutionary Guard admitted to accidentally shooting down a passenger plane at a time of soaring tensions with the United States.
Riot police in black uniforms and helmets massed in Vali-e Asr Square, Tehran University and other landmarks as calls circulated for protests later in the day. Revolutionary Guard members patrolled the city on motorbikes and plainclothes security men were also out in force. People looked down as they walked briskly past the police, hoping not to draw attention to themselves.
The article goes on to state the following:
The plane crash early Wednesday killed all 176 people on board, mostly Iranians and Iranian-Canadians. After initially pointing to a technical failure and insisting the armed forces were not to blame, authorities on Saturday finally admitted to accidentally shooting it down in the face of mounting evidence and accusations by Western leaders.
Iranians have expressed anger over the downing of the plane and the misleading explanations from senior officials in the wake of the tragedy.https://t.co/zq96PoF2lg
— Stars and Stripes (@starsandstripes) January 12, 2020
Iran’s security forces deployed in large numbers across the capital on Sunday, expecting more protests after its Revolutionary Guard admitted to accidentally shooting down a passenger plane at a time of soaring tensions with the United States. https://t.co/hvNCCqNwHl
— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) January 12, 2020
The demonstrators expressed anger at what they perceived as an initial cover-up. https://t.co/wowI6Yy8ev
— NBC Los Angeles (@NBCLA) January 12, 2020
Iran has deployed riot police in the capital expecting more protests after its Revolutionary Guard admitted to accidentally shooting down a passenger plane. https://t.co/8ZzgWQ8hDZ via WSPA7
— Amy Wood 7 News (@TVAmy) January 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting BREITBART.COM
Trending on DML News App
- Gowdy comments on possible Bolton testimony: ‘Why’
- VIDEO: Why Ted Cruz should be leading Senate impeachment trial
- VIDEO: GOP senator calls CNN reporter a ‘liberal hack’ when asked about Parnas materials
- BREAKING: Senate gives major win to Trump, passes USMCA in sweeping vote, Schumer and Sanders reveal why they voted ‘no’
- THEY WON’T STOP: Kevin McCarthy Says Democrats Want To DESTROY President Trump
- TRUMP TWEET: Responds to Pelosi’s announcement on impeachment managers
- BREAKING: Iraqi refugee launches GOP challenge to Ilhan Omar: ‘She needs to be stopped’ [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Artist paints Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, AOC, other women as battered in campaign against domestic violence [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: DOJ investigating leaks on Russian document that influenced how Comey handled Clinton emails