REPORT: Impeachment gets real: McConnell gives Senate Republicans tutorial on Trump trial
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell briefed Republicans in a closed-door session about how they would conduct a Senate trial if the House sends over articles of impeachment.
Senate Republicans believe it is becoming increasingly likely, if not inevitable, that House Democrats will pass articles of impeachment against President Trump in the coming weeks. McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, on Wednesday gave fellow GOP lawmakers a tutorial on how to conduct a trial based on how the process proceeded in the past.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Every indication is that articles will be coming our way, eventually,” Sen. Kevin Cramer, a North Dakota Republican, said after the meeting.
McConnell explained hoe the trial would be conducted to reporters.
“Under the impeachment rules of the Senate we’ll take the matter up, the chief justice will be in the chair, we’ll have to convene every day, six days out of seven at 12:30 or 1 p.m. in the afternoon. Senators will not be allowed to speak, which will be good therapy for some of them,” McConnell said. “We intend to do our constitutional responsibility.”
McConnell gave a preview of how a possible impeachment trial in the chamber would be conducted in a closed-door lunch with Republican senators, answering questions about the rules guiding the proceedings and speculating that it would be over by Christmas https://t.co/mQxKVEIW5O
— CNN (@CNN) October 16, 2019
An impeachment trial for Trump could conclude by the end of the year, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told Republicanshttps://t.co/4nJb1YC8BN
— POLITICO (@politico) October 16, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- POLL: Should the U.S. military be sent to major cities to stop riots?
- WATCH: CNN’s Jim Acosta Shouts at Trump: ‘Is This Still a Democracy?’
- BREAKING: Zuckerberg releases statement on Trump’s controversial tweet about looting and shooting
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- REPORT: Trump gives Grenell something special after he steps down