REPORT: Impeachment gets real: McConnell gives Senate Republicans tutorial on Trump trial
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell briefed Republicans in a closed-door session about how they would conduct a Senate trial if the House sends over articles of impeachment.
Senate Republicans believe it is becoming increasingly likely, if not inevitable, that House Democrats will pass articles of impeachment against President Trump in the coming weeks. McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, on Wednesday gave fellow GOP lawmakers a tutorial on how to conduct a trial based on how the process proceeded in the past.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Every indication is that articles will be coming our way, eventually,” Sen. Kevin Cramer, a North Dakota Republican, said after the meeting.
McConnell explained hoe the trial would be conducted to reporters.
“Under the impeachment rules of the Senate we’ll take the matter up, the chief justice will be in the chair, we’ll have to convene every day, six days out of seven at 12:30 or 1 p.m. in the afternoon. Senators will not be allowed to speak, which will be good therapy for some of them,” McConnell said. “We intend to do our constitutional responsibility.”
McConnell gave a preview of how a possible impeachment trial in the chamber would be conducted in a closed-door lunch with Republican senators, answering questions about the rules guiding the proceedings and speculating that it would be over by Christmas https://t.co/mQxKVEIW5O
— CNN (@CNN) October 16, 2019
An impeachment trial for Trump could conclude by the end of the year, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told Republicanshttps://t.co/4nJb1YC8BN
— POLITICO (@politico) October 16, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Celebrity singer calls flight attendant ‘racist’ after incident onboard
- REPORT: First Lady Melania Trump given disgusting label on Wikimedia’s Wikidata Site
- POLL: Was Trump’s tweet against Yovanovitch ‘intimidation of a witness’?
- REPORT: State Dept. official confirms Trump-Sondland conversation on Ukraine probes
- EXCLUSIVE: Ilhan Omar threatens Trump amid impeachment hearings
- VIDEO: Trump accuses intelligence inspector general of seeking ‘publicity for himself’
- REPORT: Former WH counsel: Trump ‘should have been impeached the day he walked in’
- BREAKING: Stolen Kansas trailer found, thousands of meals inside meant for homeless vets gone
- REPORT: New witness claims first-hand account of Trump’s push for Ukraine probes
- BREAKING: Boeing 737 forced to divert after engine shuts down