REPORT: Ilhan Omar’s supporters rally outside Trump event in Minnesota (PICTURES/VIDEO)
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by REUTERS.COM:
BURNSVILLE, Minn. (Reuters) – Supporters of U.S. Representative Ilhan Omar rallied outside a Minnesota business visited by U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday, after he launched a fresh attack on the Muslim-American lawmaker by calling her an “out of control” purveyor of “hate” speech.
Trump was in Minnesota, which Omar represents in Congress, for a tax reform roundtable.
The article goes on to state the following:
Some of the Omar supporters who gathered outside Nuss Truck and Equipment in Burnsville, about 15 miles (24 km) south of Minneapolis, called on Democratic leaders in Washington to take a stand for Omar.
Happening now: Supporters of @Ilhan Omar along with Trump supporters line the street outside of Nuss Truck and Equipment in Burnsville, MN, where the president is speaking today. pic.twitter.com/DcH9JnB32x
— MintPress News (@MintPressNews) April 15, 2019
Outside Trump’s economic roundtable in Minnesota, there are two groups on opposite sides of the street: Trump supporters on one, Ilhan Omar supporters/Trump protestors on the other. pic.twitter.com/GXfQMvfO3q
— Emily Cochrane (@ESCochrane) April 15, 2019
CAIR: On Monday, several hundred anti-Trump protesters carried signs and chanted support for Rep. Omar outside of the President’s event in Burnsville.
“I am here because I really do stand with Ilhan. I think all immigrants and refugees are welcome… https://t.co/bOMQMCf4wU
— CAIR National (@CAIRNational) April 15, 2019
— CBS News (@CBSNews) April 15, 2019
Trump supporters lining one side of the street here in Minnesota, Omar supporters on the other pic.twitter.com/Uxg6FcpcTf
— Sarah Westwood (@sarahcwestwood) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit REUTERS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting REUTERS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- REPORT: FBI found Hillary Clinton’s emails in Obama White House, former top official says
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: State debating bill to ban ‘sanctuary city’ policies; ACLU warns people not to travel there if it passes
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: Judge to block Trump administration’s rules targeting Planned Parenthood
- VIDEO: Piers Morgan has a message for Democrats wanting to impeach Trump
- REPORT: After Girl Held as ‘Slave’ for 16 Years in Texas, Captors Mohamed Toure and Wife get Light Sentence