REPORT: Identity released of terrorist who attacked Texas Naval base
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNN.com:
(CNN) — The deceased suspect in Thursday’s shooting at Naval Air Station Corpus Christi in Texas was a 20-year-old male named Adam Alsahli of Corpus Christi, according to two law enforcement sources familiar with the ongoing investigation.
Alsahli drove to an entrance at the naval station and shot a security forces member in the chest, hitting the guard in her bulletproof vest and inflicting non-life-threatening injuries, according to one of the sources.
The article goes on to state the following:
Alsahli then accelerated towards the gate entrance and crashed into a barrier. After exiting the vehicle, he began shooting, and was shot and killed by naval security forces.
Alsahli is reported to be a U.S. resident who was born in Syria. Investigators have discovered a number of social media accounts believed to be associated with Alsahli, in which he expresses support for ISIS and Al Qaeda.
The FBI is leading the investigation, and they believe a second person of interest may be at large.
“We are not ruling out any possible motives and continue to investigate all leads. When we are able to release additional information, we will do so,” the FBI said in a Twitter post Thursday night.
The FBI would also like to thank all of the partners who are assisting in this investigation, including but not limited to the US Naval Air Station Corpus Christi, NCIS, Corpus Christi Police Department, the Department of Homeland Security and the ATF. (2 of 3)
— FBI Houston (@FBIHouston) May 22, 2020
We are not ruling out any possible motives and continue to investigate all leads. When we are able to release additional information, we will do so.
We are asking anyone with any information about today’s shooting to please call 1-800-CALL-FBI. (3 of 3)
— FBI Houston (@FBIHouston) May 22, 2020
In a separate report by Heavy, the following was shared about Alsahli’s social media postings:
The now deceased shooter’s social media accounts contain voluminous Islamic religious posts, according to a review of his multiple pages by Heavy. The translation of his Twitter profile statement, which is in Arabic, reads, “I love the Mujahideen, I am not one of them, and my sword is on the necks of those who stab them.”
A post shared on his Facebook page from 2017 read, “Where are the Muslims?! Where is the Islamic world of what is intended for Jerusalem?! Where is the Islamic nation extended in the mashreb and Moroccan?! Why not the nation?! Why not say no?! Our nation can’t silence on this injustice!!”
Adam Alsahli has been identified as the suspect in an apparent terror attack on the Naval Air Station Corpus Christi in Texas. The 20-year-old was killed and a security officer was wounded in a shootout at a base gate, authorities say: https://t.co/lQ0fElZZFy
— Heavy.com (@HeavySan) May 22, 2020
Rita Katz, of the Site Intelligence Group, a group which tracks terrorist activity online, providing additional details:
2) The attacker, Adam Alsahli seems to have strong connection to Syria (possibly lived in Damascus). Also demonstrates similar ideology as Pensacola shooter Shamrani (not to mention selecting same target type), though there is no direct evidence that the two events are related. pic.twitter.com/YmSe9YUiae
— Rita Katz (@Rita_Katz) May 21, 2020
4) #CorpusChristi shooter had an extensive network of social media accounts on FB, Twitter, IG, Whatsapp, TG, Snapchat–often holding multiple on the same platform. They were largely filled with support for hardliner clerics, mostly from Saudi Arabia.
— Rita Katz (@Rita_Katz) May 22, 2020
DEVELOPING: Attacked Corpus Christi naval base trains foreign pilots–inclg Middle Eastern pilots–just like Pensacola base. Shooting occurred during Ramadan. One shooter identified as poss. Saudi Islamic (sharia) law student Adam Salim Alsahli. FBI believes 2nd jihadist at large
— Paul Sperry (@paulsperry_) May 22, 2020
NEW: As NBC News first reported earlier tonight the suspect in the apparent terror attack in Corpus Christi is Adam Alsahli, age 20.
Story here: https://t.co/t7NwtIDsZH
— Tom Winter (@Tom_Winter) May 22, 2020
The deceased suspect in today’s shooting at Naval Air Station Corpus Christi in Texas was a 20-year-old male named Adam Alsahli of Corpus Christi, according to two law enforcement sources familiar with the ongoing investigation. https://t.co/fJ2vGdmU7m
— KTVZ NewsChannel 21 (@KTVZ) May 22, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CNN.com
Trending on DML News App
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- VIDEO: Ben Carson speaks out on protests and rioting across the nation
- WATCH: CNN’s Jim Acosta Shouts at Trump: ‘Is This Still a Democracy?’
- BREAKING: Zuckerberg releases statement on Trump’s controversial tweet about looting and shooting
- REPORT: GOP governor rejects use of military to quell protests