REPORT: ICE admits new deportation policy NOT being implemented
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NBCNews.com:
WASHINGTON — Undocumented immigrants who crossed into the United States after July 16 are supposed to be subject to the Trump administration’s toughest asylum policy yet: If they did not first seek asylum in a country they passed through on their way to the U.S., and qualify for no other protections, they are to be fast-tracked for deportation.
But Immigration and Customs Enforcement told NBC News they have had zero deportations of immigrants under the new policy.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Returns under the IFR policy have not started,” ICE spokeswoman Paige Hughes said, referring to the “interim final rule” the Trump administration announced this summer.
The report states that, instead of being put on flights back to their home country, migrants who have been ordered deported under the new policy are still being held in detention centers inside the U.S.
“One former official said there is some confusion inside the agency about whether the immigrants should be deported back to their country of origin or the countries where they could have first claimed asylum,” NBC wrote.
— NBC News (@NBCNews) October 19, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NBCNews.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NBCNews.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Hollywood icon calls out ‘blatant abuse of power’ in SAG acceptance speech
- UPDATE: As trial nears, Trump lawyers call impeachment case ‘flimsy’
- REPORT: Schiff fires back at Trump: ‘What are you hiding?’
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton Projects Very Harsh Words for Bernie Sanders
- REPORT: The 2020 Census begins
- REPORT: Theme park’s “pig bungee jump” sparks outrage [PICTURES]
- TRUMP TWEETS: Knocks ‘two stone cold losers’; lashes out at Schiff
- DML: The key to killing impeachment is expose the Dems!
- VIDEO: Ocasio-Cortez claims there were ‘almost no police officers’ at Virginia Second Amendment rally, makes bizarre comparison
- RESULTS: Poll shows if Americans will watch Superbowl post national anthem protests