REPORT: House Judiciary leaders send questions to Bureau of Prisons about Epstein death
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The leaders of the House Judiciary Committee on Monday sent 23 questions to the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP) about the death in federal custody of accused sex trafficker and disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein.
“The apparent suicide of this high-profile and — if allegations are proven to be accurate — particularly reprehensible individual while in the federal government’s custody demonstrates severe miscarriages of or deficiencies in inmate protocol and has allowed the deceased to ultimately evade facing justice,” Judiciary Chairman Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) and ranking member Doug Collins (R-Ga.) wrote in a letter to acting BOP Director Hugh Hurwitz regarding Epstein’s death Saturday at New York’s Metropolitan Correctional Center (MCC).
The article goes on to state the following:
“Any victims of Mr. Epstein’s actions will forever be denied proper recourse and the scintilla of recompense our justice system can provide in the face of such alleged atrocities; the competency and rigor of our criminal justice system has been marred by this apparent oversight,” the letter adds.
The letter asks, in part, for the following information:
- Details about assessments related to Epstein’s suicide risk
- What type of cell Epstein was housed in
- If the prison had rooms specifically designed for inmates on suicide watch
- Clarification about BOP and MCC policies related to the housing of inmates accused of sex offenses
- What protocols or policies were followed in Epstein’s case
- Information about the correctional officers in charge of monitoring Epstein on Friday and Saturday
- How long Epstein’s guards had been on their shifts
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Ryan Costello Dead: MLB Prospect’s Final Tweet Concerned His Health
- BREAKING: Supreme Court takes action on House subpoena of Trump financial records
- REPORT: Trump rips into Pence aide who called Ukraine call ‘inappropriate’
- BREAKING: Three dead after shooting spree at Oklahoma Walmart
- VIDEO: GOP Rep. says impeachment hearings should be postponed due to new development
- BREAKING: Pompeo announces reversal of Obama policy on Israel [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Navy SEAL slams Biden for attacking Trump’s military pardons
- VIDEO: Biden Says Americans Can Handle ‘Eight Years Of Donald Trump’
- VIDEO: Eddie Gallagher speaks out after Trump orders his Naval rank restored
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back