REPORT: House Democrats slow-walk rollout of compulsory anti-harassment training
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
More than 100 days into the 116th Congress, House members and staffers are yet to take anti-harassment training, a key reform rolled out as part of lawmakers’ response to a slew of #MeToo allegations made on Capitol Hill.
Rep. Mark Walker, R-N.C., a member of the House Administration Committee charged with overseeing the day-to-day operations of the chamber, including workplace rights and responsibilities education, on Monday will send a letter to Democrats on the panel demanding to know what’s behind the holdup.
The article goes on to state the following:
The anti-harassment and anti-discrimination program, along with modules on cybersecurity safety and ethics, comprise the compulsory training all members, aides, and employees of the House of Representatives must complete every year since the House agreed in November 2017 to regulations mandating it be taken within certain time frames. However, the House has to bind itself to the curriculum of each new Congress through a resolution usually passed by unanimous consent.
The Washington Examiner further reported:
Congress was rocked in 2017 when female House members testified that they were aware of at least three sitting lawmakers guilty of sexual misconduct and Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., Rep. Blake Farenthold, R-Texas, Rep. Ruben Kihuen, D-Nev., and Rep. Trent Franks, R-Ariz., either resigned or did not seek reelection due to revelations of alleged sexual misdeeds. Anti-harassment and anti-discrimination education was among the first initiatives introduced in reaction to the controversies.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: McConnell: Trump is ‘on to something’
- VIDEO: AOC, Ilhan Omar roll out new label for President Trump
- REPORT: Does this photo prove Trump tormentor’s marriage a sham? Omar with husbands
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton slams Trump rally: ‘The time has come again’
- VIDEO: Elijah Cummings goes ballistic at DHS head during hearing
- BREAKING: Senator hospitalized after fall
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy: ‘Nobody cares what Congress does … ‘
- REPORT: New hashtag for Ilhan Omar starts trending after crowd at Trump rally chants ‘Send her back’
- REPORT: How Ilhan Omar tried to shut down rumors she married her BROTHER
- VIDEO: Pro-impeachment Dem walks off live CNN interview: ‘I have to run’