REPORT: House Democrats seeking testimony from two Mueller deputies
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
House Democrats reportedly want to hear from two of former special counsel Robert Mueller’s deputies in closed-door testimony next week as Mueller himself prepares to testify before two House committees.
The Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday that Democratic lawmakers on the Judiciary and Intelligence panels are hoping to secure testimony from James Quarles and Aaron Zebley, two prosecutors with the Justice Department who previously worked on Mueller’s team. Their requests come as Attorney GeneralWilliam Barrhas threatened to block any of Mueller’s aides from testifying.
The article goes on to state the following:
Sources close to the Democratic efforts to secure testimony from Mueller and his team told the Journal that discussions with the Justice Department and between the two committees remain ongoing, adding that the larger House Judiciary Committee has indicated concerns that not all of its members may be able to take part in questioning the former special counsel.
Mueller himself is scheduled to testify in open hearings on July 17. The White House said it won’t prevent him from testifying, but Attorney General William Barr said Monday that he was “disappointed to see [Mueller] subpoenaed” as it doesn’t serve any purpose.
“It seems to me the only reason for doing that is to create some kind of public spectacle,” Barr told reporters. “And if Bob decides that he doesn’t want to be subject to that, then Department of Justice would certainly back him.”
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant