REPORT: House chair threatens subpoenas if Pompeo doesn’t provide this…
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The top House Democrat is threatening to issue subpoenas for documents and testimony if the State Department does not agree to turn over documents given to the Senate that relate to former Vice President Joe Biden.
House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.) in a Thursday letter to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo voiced concern about “partisan misuse” of the agency, alleging that he was helping Senate Republicans take part in a “smear campaign” against Biden. He warned that if he does not receive these documents the Senate has received for its investigation, he will take action.
The article goes on to state the following:
“As the coronavirus spread from overseas and began to ravage American cities, scarce State Department resources were expended on producing documents to advance conspiracy theories damaging for a candidate for president of the United States,” Engel wrote in the letter.
“If the requested documents are not produced in full by the close of business on June 1, 2020, then I am prepared to issue subpoenas for the relevant documents and the testimony of relevant Department officials,” he continued.
Republicans Chuck Grassley and Ron Johnson both asked the State Department to provide documents related to Biden and his son’s work in Ukraine shortly after the acquittal of President Trump’s impeachment.
“The Department has refused to provide the information the Committee has requested, and frequently produced nothing at all, in response to these requests,” Engel said.
He also added that the former State Department IG, Steve Linick, should have investigated the matter before he was terminated by Pompeo.
— The Hill (@thehill) May 21, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- VIDEO: Ben Carson speaks out on protests and rioting across the nation
- BREAKING: Zuckerberg releases statement on Trump’s controversial tweet about looting and shooting
- REPORT: DOJ files formal appeal with Supreme Court over House access to Mueller grand jury material
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- REPORT: GOP governor rejects use of military to quell protests