REPORT: Hong Kong bans Human Rights Watch director from entering country
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYDailyNews:
But Roth, a U.S. citizen who had been to Hong Kong many times before, was told by immigration authorities that he wasn’t allowed to enter the Chinese territory. They gave no reason for the denial, and forced Roth to fly another 16 hours back to New York.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I had hoped to spotlight Beijing’s deepening assault on international efforts to uphold human rights,” Roth said in a statement from the organization. “The refusal to let me enter Hong Kong vividly illustrates the problem.”
The release of Human Rights Watch’s World Report 2020, which looks at the state of human rights worldwide, was meant to happen with a news conference in Hong Kong on Wednesday. According to the group, the 652-page report begins with an essay by Roth that “warns that the Chinese government is carrying out an intensive attack on the global system for enforcing human rights.” The special administrative region of Hong Kong, which exists under the rule of Beijing but theoretically has much stronger protections on free expression under the “one country, two systems” framework, has come under scrutiny in the past year.
To get more information about this article, please visit NYDailyNews. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NYDailyNews
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chaffetz weighs in as media heaps praise on Adam Schiff
- EXCLUSIVE: Fox News to host town hall for 2020 Dem candidate… again
- VIDEO: Dad Confronts Warren On Student Loan Forgiveness
- TRUMP TWEETS: Mocks Bloomberg, who quickly responds
- REPORT: Canadian-born singer celebrates new US citizenship beside voter registration booth [PHOTO]
- VIDEO: Massive brawl at college game goes viral
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham reports record fundraising haul in fourth quarter
- THEY WON’T STOP: Kevin McCarthy Says Democrats Want To DESTROY President Trump
- TRUMP TWEETS: Unleashes on Schiff and Dems over impeachment trial in major Twitterstorm
- VIDEO: California man dies after hurtling 400 feet across river in his Mercedes after 100 mph police chase