REPORT: Homeland Security issues new warnings on online shopping scams
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
As the shopping season kicked off on Black Friday, federal authorities issued new warnings focused on online scams that have targeted tens of thousands of holiday shoppers in 2019.
Department of Homeland Security investigators, who track fraudulent transactions, confiscated more than $500 million worth of counterfeit goods in the past year, leading to hundreds of arrests and convictions, according to government data.
The article goes on to state the following:
One fraudulent website busted recently by investigators appeared to be a merchandise outlet for the New York Jets football team. Another advertised “free shipping all over the world” for a line of ergonomic baby carriers. Both sites were flagged and taken down.
DHS customs officials tweeted, “Don’t get fleeced by fakes.”
Don’t get fleeced by fakes on #BlackFriday! Some shopping tips from HSI: 1. If the price is too good to be true, it probably is 2. Beware of websites that have unusual addresses or lack contact info 3. Another red flag – websites that offer models/designs not offered elsewhere. pic.twitter.com/GC1o0gsbnE
— ICE (@ICEgov) November 29, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting ABCNews.GO.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- BREAKING: FBI Treating Pensacola Navy Shooting as Terrorism
- REPORT: Omar to hit campaign trail with 2020 frontrunner in New Hampshire
- REPORT: Dozens of counties declare themselves ‘Second Amendment sanctuaries’ after Democrats win state legislature
- REPORT: Trump names new deputy chief of staff
- BREAKING: Suspect identified as Saudi national in shooting at naval base, multiple dead
- REPORT: Doubts surface on Schiff’s phone record claims on Giuliani after WH says he has wrong number
- BREAKING: Democrat says he expects to oppose articles of impeachment against Trump
- BREAKING: Name and photo released of Saudi Air Force trainee who opened fire at Pensacola naval base