REPORT: ‘Hillary Clinton, part two’: Democrats voice concerns about Biden
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire — Democratic activists in the first primary state worry that if Joe Biden is the party’s presidential nominee, he could lose the 2020 election for some of the same reasons Hillary Clinton was defeated in 2016.
Biden, 76, has consistently led the crowded Democratic field in polls in part because voters see him as the most capable of defeating President Trump in 2020. About three in four of Democratic voters considering Biden in the primary say that he is the most likely to beat Trump, according to a CBS poll released Monday. Jill Biden, the former vice president’s wife, explicitly stated that voters should choose him even if they disagree on some policy points because “your bottom line is you have to beat Trump.”
The article goes on to state the following:
But many voters who attended the New Hampshire Democratic state convention were skeptical that Biden was the most electable Democrat, and remember similar claims being made about party establishment figures stretching back to Walter Mondale in 1984 who were nominated and went on to lose.
“Biden is Hillary Clinton, part two. He’s an establishment candidate,” said Katie Pederson, 28, who works for a call center and for Southern New Hampshire University. “I don’t think Biden could beat Trump.”
CLICK HERE to read more of this report by the Washington Examiner.
Some party strategists fear that could easily be the case. https://t.co/rbTZTXR5fJ
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: New sexual misconduct accusation leveled against Kavanaugh, echoes previous allegation
- REPORT: Baby born on 9/11 at 9:11 weighing 9 pounds, 11 ounces [PICTURES]
- REPORT: DC flies US flags with 51 stars ahead of statehood hearing
- REPORT: Mike Flynn Is Finally Fighting Back
- POLL: Do you like MAGA or KAG?
- REPORT: Trooper Attacked, Left With Serious Facial Injuries After Routine Traffic Stop
- VIDEO: Portland crowd boos during on-field Armed Forces swearing-in on 9/11
- BREAKING: Trump confirms death of Osama bin Laden’s son
- VIDEO: Horrifying Attack Unfolds On Man In Ilhan Omar’s District
- REPORT: Morning Joe’s Mika suggests Trump isn’t Barron’s father