REPORT: Hezbollah says payback for US strike has just begun
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
BEIRUT — The leader of the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah said Sunday that Iran‘s missile attacks on two bases in Iraq housing U.S. forces was only the start of the retaliation for America’s killing a top Iranian general in a drone strike.
Hassan Nasrallah described Iran’s ballistic missile response as a “slap” to Washington, one that sent a message. The limited strikes caused no casualties and appeared to be mainly a show of force.
The article goes on to state the following:
The leader of Hezbollah, which is closely aligned with Iran, said the strikes were the “first step down a long path” that will ensure U.S. troops withdraw from the region.
“The Americans must remove their bases, soldiers and officers and ships from our region. The alternative … to leaving vertically is leaving horizontally. This is a decisive and firm decision,” Nasrallah stated.
He continued, “We are speaking about the start of a phase, about a new battle, about a new era in the region.”
Hassan Nasrallah described Iran’s ballistic missile response as a “slap” to Washington, one hat sent a message. The limited strikes caused no casualties and appeared to be mainly a show of force.https://t.co/kqIRvSL1me
— The Peninsula (@PeninsulaQatar) January 12, 2020
The leader of the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah said Sunday that Iran’s missile attacks on two bases in Iraq housing U.S. forces was only the start of the retaliation for America’s killing a top Iranian general in a drone strike. https://t.co/CH2OaA5K5B
— Miami Herald (@MiamiHerald) January 12, 2020
Hezbollah leader Nasrallah threatens if US forces don’t leave region in coming weeks, they will leave “dead in coffins” “This is an absolute decision of the Resistance Axis pic.twitter.com/ecI55zqLuq
— حسينة اوشان (@hassinaouch) January 12, 2020
Lebanon’s #Hezbollah said on Sunday it was time for Iran’s allies to begin working to retaliate for the killing of Major General Qassem Soleimani though it would be a “long path” to the goal of ejecting U.S. forces from the region. https://t.co/cInm83ugyd
— Randa HABIB (@RandaHabib) January 12, 2020
Hezbollah’s Nasrallah threatens US troops, vows retaliation against Israel
Terror chief says American soldiers to leave the Middle East in ‘coffins,’ claims no country could have acted as transparently as Iran after shooting down Ukrainian planehttps://t.co/O77oUKkGgY
— Shelshand (@Shelshand) January 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting ABCNews.GO.com
Trending on DML News App
- Gowdy comments on possible Bolton testimony: ‘Why’
- VIDEO: Why Ted Cruz should be leading Senate impeachment trial
- VIDEO: GOP senator calls CNN reporter a ‘liberal hack’ when asked about Parnas materials
- BREAKING: Senate gives major win to Trump, passes USMCA in sweeping vote, Schumer and Sanders reveal why they voted ‘no’
- TRUMP TWEET: Responds to Pelosi’s announcement on impeachment managers
- REPORT: Pelosi posts record fundraising haul for 2019
- BREAKING: Iraqi refugee launches GOP challenge to Ilhan Omar: ‘She needs to be stopped’ [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Artist paints Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, AOC, other women as battered in campaign against domestic violence [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: DOJ investigating leaks on Russian document that influenced how Comey handled Clinton emails