REPORT: Here’s What Senate Republicans Are Saying About Impeachment
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
Senate Republicans do not appear to be concerned about House Democrats’ ongoing effort to impeach President Donald Trump, with many saying even if the House were to move forward with impeachment, that there is no way the Senate would vote to impeach the president.
The Daily Caller spoke with over ten GOP senators throughout the week, who all shared their views about House Democrats’ efforts to impeach the President. Not one senator was concerned about the impeachment process, saying they are most concerned about the Democrats’ ongoing attempts to impeach Trump based on no hard evidence.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I have to tell you, I think the House is not going to send anything over because they’re refusing to take a vote,” Republican Tennessee Sen. Marsha Blackburn told the Daily Caller. “What we have to realize is before Donald Trump was sworn in, they started on impeachment, that was in 2016. They tried again in 17, 18, 19, and The Mueller report,” Blackburn continued.
More Republican Comments:
Montana Sen. Steve Daines: “Democrats have been obsessed with impeachment.”
North Carolina Sen. Thom Tillis: “I’m more worried about the absence of facts to justify where they are to this point.”
North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr: “I’m not sure that would play well with the American people.”
Texas Senator Ted Cruz said “it won’t succeed.”
Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy: “I think my Democratic friends are making a big, big mistake…”
Read more comments at DAILYCALLER.COM
President Trump is intensely monitoring his standing among the Senate GOP as the impeachment inquiry ramps up, according to senators who have been in contact with the president and W.H. officials https://t.co/H9lUfpKC3t
— POLITICO (@politico) October 17, 2019
The Constitution does not require Senate to conduct impeachment trial — and the Senate majority should shut down attempted coup against @RealDonaldTrump. Call your Senators at 202-224-3121. Left is upset at me for stating this simple constitutional truth: https://t.co/92j6iX86f1 pic.twitter.com/JmrwqFgOEr
— Tom Fitton (@TomFitton) October 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Celebrity singer calls flight attendant ‘racist’ after incident onboard
- REPORT: First Lady Melania Trump given disgusting label on Wikimedia’s Wikidata Site
- POLL: Was Trump’s tweet against Yovanovitch ‘intimidation of a witness’?
- REPORT: State Dept. official confirms Trump-Sondland conversation on Ukraine probes
- EXCLUSIVE: Ilhan Omar threatens Trump amid impeachment hearings
- VIDEO: Trump accuses intelligence inspector general of seeking ‘publicity for himself’
- BREAKING: Stolen Kansas trailer found, thousands of meals inside meant for homeless vets gone
- REPORT: New witness claims first-hand account of Trump’s push for Ukraine probes
- REPORT: Former WH counsel: Trump ‘should have been impeached the day he walked in’
- BREAKING: Boeing 737 forced to divert after engine shuts down