REPORT: Here’s What Senate Republicans Are Saying About Impeachment
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
Senate Republicans do not appear to be concerned about House Democrats’ ongoing effort to impeach President Donald Trump, with many saying even if the House were to move forward with impeachment, that there is no way the Senate would vote to impeach the president.
The Daily Caller spoke with over ten GOP senators throughout the week, who all shared their views about House Democrats’ efforts to impeach the President. Not one senator was concerned about the impeachment process, saying they are most concerned about the Democrats’ ongoing attempts to impeach Trump based on no hard evidence.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I have to tell you, I think the House is not going to send anything over because they’re refusing to take a vote,” Republican Tennessee Sen. Marsha Blackburn told the Daily Caller. “What we have to realize is before Donald Trump was sworn in, they started on impeachment, that was in 2016. They tried again in 17, 18, 19, and The Mueller report,” Blackburn continued.
More Republican Comments:
Montana Sen. Steve Daines: “Democrats have been obsessed with impeachment.”
North Carolina Sen. Thom Tillis: “I’m more worried about the absence of facts to justify where they are to this point.”
North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr: “I’m not sure that would play well with the American people.”
Texas Senator Ted Cruz said “it won’t succeed.”
Louisiana Sen. John Kennedy: “I think my Democratic friends are making a big, big mistake…”
Read more comments at DAILYCALLER.COM
President Trump is intensely monitoring his standing among the Senate GOP as the impeachment inquiry ramps up, according to senators who have been in contact with the president and W.H. officials https://t.co/H9lUfpKC3t
— POLITICO (@politico) October 17, 2019
The Constitution does not require Senate to conduct impeachment trial — and the Senate majority should shut down attempted coup against @RealDonaldTrump. Call your Senators at 202-224-3121. Left is upset at me for stating this simple constitutional truth: https://t.co/92j6iX86f1 pic.twitter.com/JmrwqFgOEr
— Tom Fitton (@TomFitton) October 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Ted Cruz torches Rosenstein on Russia probe in blistering grilling
- EXCLUSIVE: NYPD commissioner shares video of cops finding bricks left for looters
- BREAKING: Senate votes on House-passed Paycheck Protection Program reform bill
- REPORT: Democrat senator calls for Barr to resign over order to clear protests
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to NFL team, ‘Change your name’
- BREAKING: Pelosi says House will soon announce sweeping police reform legislation
- TRUMP TWEETS: Rips into Sen. Lisa Murkowski with fire and fury!
- VIDEO: Footage of 7-year-old girl in Black Lives Matter march goes viral
- BREAKING: Shock report on jobs for May, economists floored