REPORT: Harris opens ‘Camp Kamala’ to organize students in swing state
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Sen. Kamala Harris’ presidential campaign will host “Camp Kamala” training events at Iowa college campuses this week aimed at plugging students and young people into Harris’ Iowa caucus organizing efforts before they leave school for the summer.
Youth activists will learn about the Iowa caucus process and the California Democrat’s caucus strategy. The campaign hopes to prepare students to engage their peers and communities in support of the Harris campaign through the summer and fall.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Students and young people in Iowa are going to play a critical organizing role in the caucuses,” Harris said in a statement.
Young people often make up a large part of presidential campaign organizing efforts by filling internships and reaching out to others on college campuses. Connecting with students now allows Harris to get a head start on youth mobilization, while campaigns that don’t reach out to students by the end of May will likely have to wait until about August, after the summer break, to organize them for the Feb. 3 caucuses.
Students and young people will play a huge role in this election. From the student loan debt crisis to climate change, every single decision we make affects your future and your voices should be heard. That’s why we’re launching Camp Kamala in Iowa.https://t.co/vuMvF6kbFT
— Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris) March 29, 2019
I’m attending Kamala Harris for the People’s event, “Camp Kamala | University of Northern Iowa” – sign up now to join me! https://t.co/fyN7kL33Ea
— Carlos Lizama (@carcarthereal) April 4, 2019
#IA: Organizing is the bees knees and how we will win. I never felt more empowered than when I learned how to organize. Join Camp Kamala to learn about the #IACaucus and how to organize your community for @KamalaHarris! https://t.co/WVgfyqRE3O
— Anatole Jenkins (@AnatoleJenkins) April 1, 2019
I’m attending Kamala Harris for the People’s event, “Camp Kamala | Iowa State University” – sign up now to join me! https://t.co/CjO4YU2WwK
— Harley Nelson 🐢🤖 (@ssgarfield99) April 3, 2019
Young Iowans are going to play a huge organizing role in this election. I’m so proud and so ready for #CampKamala The prep it provides is golden! Your voice is critical…apply today.⬇️https://t.co/jvOl7PRLA0
— Deidre DeJear (@DeidreDeJear) March 29, 2019
.@KamalaHarris campaign will host “Camp Kamala” training events at Iowa college campuses this week.
The goal is to plug students and young people into Harris’ Iowa caucus organizing efforts before they leave school for the summer.https://t.co/U3n9MgABL5
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- REPORT: FBI found Hillary Clinton’s emails in Obama White House, former top official says
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: State debating bill to ban ‘sanctuary city’ policies; ACLU warns people not to travel there if it passes
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: Judge to block Trump administration’s rules targeting Planned Parenthood
- VIDEO: Piers Morgan has a message for Democrats wanting to impeach Trump
- REPORT: After Girl Held as ‘Slave’ for 16 Years in Texas, Captors Mohamed Toure and Wife get Light Sentence