REPORT: Hacking group targeting U.S. electric utilities
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Xenotime, a group of hackers that has previously targeted oil and gas companies, has been targeting the U.S. electric grid in recent months, according to new research released Friday by cybersecurity group Dragos.
Dragos reported that the Xenotime group began “probing” the networks of electric utilities in both the U.S. and countries in the Asia-Pacific region in late 2018.
The article goes on to state the following:
The report noted that none of the probes resulted in the group gaining access to an electric utility’s system, but wrote that “the persistent attempts, and expansion in scope is cause for definite concern.”
Dragos added that while none of the probing has been successful, this type of activity could be evidence of the group preparing for future cyberattacks.
— The Hill (@thehill) June 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News founder Dennis Michael Lynch weighs in on the 14th Amendment:
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Country singer icon declares support for O’Rourke
- BREAKING: Trump makes major announcement on deportations, DML responds
- TRUMP TWEET: Something weird going on at Fox
- VIDEO: Schiff declares ‘time is running out’ for Mueller
- REPORT: State House REJECTS popular vote proposal
- BREAKING: Trump announces major shakeup on Secretary of Defense appointment
- REPORT: Former Trump Cabinet secretary and former GOP senator pay big bucks to attend Biden fundraiser
- VIDEO: Mayor of border town overrun by illegal immigrants blasts federal government
- UPDATE: DOJ allegedly intervenes to change where Manafort will be incarcerated
- EXCLUSIVE: DML tweets update to Trump about Fox News