REPORT: Hacking group targeting U.S. electric utilities
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Xenotime, a group of hackers that has previously targeted oil and gas companies, has been targeting the U.S. electric grid in recent months, according to new research released Friday by cybersecurity group Dragos.
Dragos reported that the Xenotime group began “probing” the networks of electric utilities in both the U.S. and countries in the Asia-Pacific region in late 2018.
The article goes on to state the following:
The report noted that none of the probes resulted in the group gaining access to an electric utility’s system, but wrote that “the persistent attempts, and expansion in scope is cause for definite concern.”
Dragos added that while none of the probing has been successful, this type of activity could be evidence of the group preparing for future cyberattacks.
— The Hill (@thehill) June 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News founder Dennis Michael Lynch weighs in on the 14th Amendment:
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Celebrity chef passes away at age 44
- VIDEO: Schiff says he finally found the key to justify impeachment
- VIDEO: Missing Florida girl shown tied up and crying in Instagram video call, family tells police
- REPORT: GRAPHIC: Half-eaten remains of migrant found on Texas ranch near border
- VIDEO: Biden’s campaign likely coming to an end, thanks to Clinton-linked Ukraine bombshell, Nunes says
- Biden gives contentious, finger-pointing answer to reporter over Ukraine question
- REPORT: Pelosi opens door to impeachment
- VIDEO: Florida woman jailed after video of her kicking and choking dog goes viral
- REPORT: Coca-Cola’s surprising new flavor is ‘super difficult to track down’
- BREAKING: 3 dead, others hospitalized in Pittsburgh ‘medical situation’