REPORT: Gunman opens fire at shopping center in Arizona, multiple injured
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABC7.COM:
GLENDALE, Arizona — Three people were injured, one of them critically, in a shooting Wednesday near a popular shopping and entertainment district west of Phoenix, police said.
The suspect was taken into custody safely, Glendale Officer Tiffany Ngalula said in a televised briefing. The most seriously injured person was taken to a hospital, and the two others were expected to survive.
The article goes on to state the following:
The Westgate Entertainment District, part of a complex that includes arenas for Cardinals football and Coyotes hockey, was humming with activity after many of its stores and restaurants were closed for more than a month due to the coronavirus outbreak.
A separate report by 12News reveals additional details about the suspect:
The suspect’s mother identified her son, 20-year-old Armando Hernandez from Peoria, as the shooter, but police have not verified this.
The woman said Hernandez attended Raymond Kellis High School. A former classmate also identified him as the shooter.
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) May 21, 2020
— #WVTM13 (@WVTM13) May 21, 2020
I saw 2 victims with my own eyes. Not sure how many others I saw the shooter. Being told not to say anything else about details ’til I speak to police. I’m ok. Lots of shaken up people.
— Sen. Martín Quezada (@SenQuezada29) May 21, 2020
— Doug Ducey (@dougducey) May 21, 2020
— Mitch Carr (@mitchcarrtv) May 21, 2020
Armando Hernandez, the guy who shot up westgate mall today
— Samantha Finck (@FinckSamantha) May 21, 2020
ICYMI: Three people were injured and a suspect is in custody after a shooting occurred at the Westgate Entertainment District in Glendale late Wednesday night. https://t.co/TaLjFjj7gs
— 12 News (@12News) May 21, 2020
— ABC7 Eyewitness News (@ABC7) May 21, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit ABC7.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting ABC7.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Court blocks White House from suspending reporter for INCREDIBLE reason
- REPORT: Couple suspected of killing 8-year-old maid
- REPORT: Utah National Guard confirms they were kicked out of DC hotel, Trump, GOP senators react
- WATCH: Stunning moment Washington Monument struck by lightning, 2 park police also injured
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton asks appeals court to help her dodge Judicial Watch deposition on emails and Benghazi
- BREAKING: Biden releases statement, formally clinches Democratic presidential nomination
- REPORT: AOC stuns party by endorsing powerful incumbent’s primary rival
- REPORT: Dem AG: Letting America Burn Is the Path to Growth
- REPORT: Liberal governor pardons illegal set for deportation, DML responds
- VIDEO: Biden mistakenly refers to Sanders as ‘the president’ during debate