REPORT: Graham encourages Donald Trump Jr. to plead the 5th
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Monday that President Trump’s son Donald Trump Jr. should comply with a Senate Intelligence Committee subpoena but refuse to answer the panel’s questions.
“You just show up and plead the Fifth and it’s over with,” Graham told reporters, referring to the amendment that protects citizens from self-incrimination, according to The Washington Post.
He added that Trump Jr.’s lawyer would “have to be an idiot” to allow him to testify before the committee again.
The article goes on to state the following:
Graham had said a day earlier on Fox News that Trump Jr. should simply ignore the summons.
The comments from the senator came less than a week after the GOP-led Senate Intelligence Committee subpoenaed Trump Jr. to testify about his communication with Russian officials.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- UPDATE: Trump responds to U.S. judge’s ruling on financial records
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- BREAKING: Cohen identified which Trump associate told him to lie, allegedly
- VIDEO: Anti-Trump actor makes odd statement about Trump winning in 2020
- BREAKING: DOJ offers a deal to House Intel Committee if Schiff drops threat against Barr
- BREAKING: Nadler goes after two former Trump White House aides with subpoenas
- VIDEO: Trump holds MAGA rally in Pennsylvania
- REPORT: Lynch on whether Obama ordered politically motivated infiltration of Trump campaign
- REPORT: Fox News commentator attacks Trump, fires back at his criticism of the channel
- REPORT: Crenshaw breaks with Trump on Navy SEAL case