REPORT: Governor vows to open shelter for homeless after camps in city cleaned up
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) on Thursday announced that the state would be opening a temporary shelter to house the homeless outside Austin after the cleaning up of camps in the city sparked backlash.
The Associated Press reports Abbott said the 5-acre camp will be located 3 miles outside Austin on state land near the airport.
The article goes on to state the following:
The camp will have portable restrooms, hand washing stations and local charities will provide food multiple times during the day, John Wittman, a spokesman for Abbott, told the news outlet.
A coalition called @atxhelps wants to raise $14 million to build and operate a new temporary #homeless shelter. Construction could start by early 2020, but first about an acre of land in downtown is needed. @KoskionFOX7 reports: https://t.co/Zl5buR4bdQ
— FOX 7 Austin (@fox7austin) November 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Spoiler Alert: Here’s what happened to Sean Spicer on ‘Dancing With the Stars’
- BREAKING: Supreme Court makes decision on lawsuit against gun manufacturer brought by Sandy Hook families
- VIDEO: Former McCain campaign manager predicts who Trump’s 2020 VP running mate will be
- OP-ED: Fox analyst says Democrats’ Trump impeachment inquiry is already in big trouble, thanks to one man
- REPORT: Colin Kaepernick gets opportunity from NFL: ‘Can’t wait to see the head coaches and GMs’
- REPORT: The Supreme Court Looks Ready To Uphold Trump’s Bid To End DACA
- VIDEO: Fox anchor blasts Mollie Hemingway for naming alleged whistleblower
- REPORT: First Member of Congress Names Alleged ‘Whistleblower’: ‘He’s Not Voldemort’
- POLL: Do you support Trump making a “deal” for DACA recipients to stay?
- REPORT: Dem congressman’s campaign has now paid over $1M to sister’s firm