REPORT: Governor says DOJ statements prompted him to open churches
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker said on Thursday that the Justice Department’s repeated interventions in religious liberty cases prompted him to reopen churches in the state this week.
“The Department of Justice has made very clear to a number of states that peoples’ ability to access church and practice their faith is a constitutional question that they are pushing people at the state level pretty hard on,” Baker told WGBH News. “I couldn’t ignore that.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Baker, who announced Monday that churches could resume services on Friday, said that asking them to close “was the right thing to do, but I hated doing it.” Churches in Massachusetts had been limited to Baker’s 10-person cap on public gatherings.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 21, 2020
Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker took it upon himself to make the salvation of our immortal souls constitutionally subordinate to the authority of the government. This is wrong and illegal.https://t.co/PTYlK6t1GI
— The Federalist (@FDRLST) May 15, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- VIDEO: Ben Carson speaks out on protests and rioting across the nation
- REPORT: DOJ files formal appeal with Supreme Court over House access to Mueller grand jury material
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- REPORT: GOP governor rejects use of military to quell protests
- REPORT: Trump gives Grenell something special after he steps down