REPORT: Governor declares federal government sent wrong type of masks
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D) on Monday said that his state received the wrong type of medical masks from the federal government in a shipment meant to equip medical professionals in the coronavirus fight.
“My team is sorting through the shipment of 300,000 N95 masks the White House personally told me would be sent to our state, and while we do not have a final count on this yet, I can say with certainty that what they sent were not the N95 masks that were promised but instead were surgical masks, which is not what we asked for,” he said at a press conference, according to CNN, which noted that doctors wear the N95 masks when interacting with infected patients.
The article goes on to state the following:
Pritzker added the he couldn’t “emphasize enough how much we need the federal government to step up and amplify the size of their [personal protective equipment] deliveries to Illinois and, frankly, across the nation.”
Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker said the federal government sent the wrong type of medical masks in a shipment that his state recently received https://t.co/fOBajjNwSl
— CNN (@CNN) March 31, 2020
— The Hill (@thehill) March 31, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Ted Cruz torches Rosenstein on Russia probe in blistering grilling
- EXCLUSIVE: NYPD commissioner shares video of cops finding bricks left for looters
- BREAKING: Senate votes on House-passed Paycheck Protection Program reform bill
- VIDEO: 2 NYPD cops shot, another stabbed in neck during ‘unprovoked’ attack
- REPORT: Democrat senator calls for Barr to resign over order to clear protests
- REPORT: Florida city becomes first to ban gun sales and carry during ’emergency declaration’
- REPORT: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to NFL team, ‘Change your name’
- BREAKING: Pelosi says House will soon announce sweeping police reform legislation
- TRUMP TWEETS: Rips into Sen. Lisa Murkowski with fire and fury!
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’