REPORT: GOP senator: China should ‘pay damages’ for coronavirus outbreak
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
China should be held responsible for the coronavirus outbreak and compensate the rest of the world for its “criminal conduct,” a Republican senator said.
Sen. Josh Hawley, a Missouri Republican, announced on Tuesday he was introducing a resolution calling for a “full investigation” into the Chinese Communist Party’s “lies and actions” that allowed the spread of the COVID-19 virus around the world. And he called on Beijing to “pay damages to the USA and the world.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The text of Hawley’s resolution, which was introduced with a companion resolution in the House from Rep. Elise Stefanik, a New York Republican, calls for the United States and other nations to “design a mechanism for delivering compensation” for the coronavirus outbreak. The resolution does not specify how much money the Chinese government should pay.
Hawley tweeted on Tuesday, “Today I will introduce a resolution calling for full investigation of #China Communist Party’s lies & actions that killed thousands of their own people & turned #CoronavirusOutbreak #COVID19 into a global pandemic.”
“The cost of Beijing’s criminal conduct should be assessed and they should pay damages to USA and the world,” he added.
The cost of Beijing’s criminal conduct should be assessed and they should pay damages to USA and the world
— Josh Hawley (@HawleyMO) March 24, 2020
China should have to pay damages, says @HawleyMO.
“The cost of Beijing’s criminal conduct should be assessed and they should pay damages to USA and the world.”https://t.co/N4t6tAHeVT
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) March 24, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Romney joins Dem senator to send ‘warning’ to Trump
- REPORT: New ‘hot spot’ state: Coronavirus cases jump 42 percent in one day
- REPORT: Scientists warn about one way COVID-19 can be transmitted
- VIDEO: Healthy 39-year-old DJ died of coronavirus. What his young widow and daughter want you to know [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Republicans rip ‘partisan’ Pelosi panel on coronavirus response: ‘This isn’t about oversight’
- REPORT: Experts, Trump advisers doubt White House coronavirus deaths estimate
- TRUMP TWEETS: ‘Great news’ and big thanks in series of posts
- VIDEO: Bernie Sanders snaps at crying baby at campaign event
- REPORT: Biden Has Earned 11 Pinocchios From Fact-Checkers During Coronavirus Crisis
- VIDEO: WWII veteran recovers from coronavirus in time to celebrate 104th birthday [PHOTOS]