REPORT: GOP Sen. will force vote on Hunter Biden testimony if colleagues back Dem witnesses
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Sen. Rand Paul said he will force the Senate to vote on whether they want to hear impeachment testimony from Hunter Biden if his colleagues support hearing from witnesses proposed by Democrats.
Biden, 49, was at the center of President Trump’s request for Ukrainian leaders to investigate his father, Joe Biden, for possible corruption. While the elder Biden was leading diplomatic efforts in Ukraine as Obama’s vice president, the younger Biden received a high-paying position on the board of Burisma, an allegedly corrupt natural gas firm in Ukraine.
The article goes on to state the following:
Many have questioned how Hunter Biden, who had a documented history of drug abuse and no substantial experience in the energy sector, was qualified for a job on Burisma’s board. Some Republicans have argued that Trump’s request for Ukraine to investigate the Bidens and Burisma was justified.
“My colleagues can’t have it both ways. Calling for some, while blocking others. If we are going to give a platform to witnesses the Dems demand, I look forward to forcing votes to call Hunter Biden and many more!”
My colleagues can’t have it both ways. Calling for some, while blocking others. If we are going to give a platform to witnesses the Dems demand, I look forward to forcing votes to call Hunter Biden and many more! https://t.co/hrOzVyiG9x
— Senator Rand Paul (@RandPaul) January 14, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- Gowdy comments on possible Bolton testimony: ‘Why’
- VIDEO: Why Ted Cruz should be leading Senate impeachment trial
- VIDEO: GOP senator calls CNN reporter a ‘liberal hack’ when asked about Parnas materials
- BREAKING: Senate gives major win to Trump, passes USMCA in sweeping vote, Schumer and Sanders reveal why they voted ‘no’
- THEY WON’T STOP: Kevin McCarthy Says Democrats Want To DESTROY President Trump
- TRUMP TWEET: Responds to Pelosi’s announcement on impeachment managers
- REPORT: Pelosi posts record fundraising haul for 2019
- BREAKING: Iraqi refugee launches GOP challenge to Ilhan Omar: ‘She needs to be stopped’ [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Artist paints Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, AOC, other women as battered in campaign against domestic violence [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial