REPORT: GOP Rep: Congress ‘Must and Will’ Act After Turkey Launched ‘Sickening’ Offensive in Syria
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Liz Cheney (Wyo.), the No. 3 House Republican, said Wednesday that Congress “must and will” act after Turkey launched an offensive in northern Syria against Kurdish forces previously backed by the United States.
“President Trump’s decision to withdraw U.S. forces from northern Syria is having sickening and predictable consequences,” Cheney said in a statement Wednesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“This decision aids America’s adversaries, Russia, Iran, and Turkey, and paves the way for a resurgence of ISIS,” Cheney said. “This action imperils American security and that of our allies. Congress must and will act to limit the catastrophic impact of this decision.”
In a tweet, Cheney wrote: “News from Syria is sickening. Turkish troops preparing to invade Syria from the north, Russian-backed forces from the south, ISIS fighters attacking Raqqa. Impossible to understand why @realDonaldTrump is leaving America’s allies to be slaughtered and enabling the return of ISIS.”
News from Syria is sickening. Turkish troops preparing to invade Syria from the north, Russian-backed forces from the south, ISIS fighters attacking Raqqa. Impossible to understand why @realDonaldTrump is leaving America’s allies to be slaughtered and enabling the return of ISIS
— Liz Cheney (@Liz_Cheney) October 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: GOP Senator: If Local Law Enforcement Overwhelmed, Let’s See How Anarchists Respond When the 101st Airborne Is on the Other Side of the Street
- REPORT: Viral photo shows cop being protected by black protesters during riot
- POLL: Should the U.S. military be sent to major cities to stop riots?
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- REPORT: Dozens rendered unconscious by Minneapolis police neckholds in past five years
- VIDEO: Some police officers support protesters by taking a knee
- REPORT: Cuomo calls for independent investigations into all police brutality allegations
- VIDEO: Keith Ellison responds to son’s Antifa tweet
- REPORT: 25-year-old arrested for allegedly setting fire to historic courthouse
- REPORT: Actress Hopeful After Protesters Breach Perimeter Near White House