REPORT: GOP lawmaker proposes legislation allowing undocumented immigrants to earn driver’s licenses
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXBUSINESS.COM:
An Idaho state senator wants his state’s government to allow illegal immigrants to earn driver’s licenses, although the cards would not work for purchasing alcohol or voting.
Jim Guthrie, a Republican, plans to introduce such legislation this month or in February with the blessing of the Idaho Dairymen’s Association, according to Townhall.com.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We have undocumented aliens in the country, and that’s a given,” Guthrie told the Idaho State Journal. “Until the federal government decides to address the illegal alien situation, (the proposed legislation) gives us the opportunity to maximize that workforce while they’re here, because they’re here anyway and driving anyway.”
The report states that Guthrie is making the proposal in part because of a shortage of farmworkers and truck drivers.
CLICK HERE to read more.
The Trump administration rails against states who give driver’s licenses to undocumented immigrants, but meanwhile this Idaho Republican state lawmaker is sponsoring a bill to do just that, because he believes it will help the state’s agriculture industry https://t.co/RJ0dfJ0lYI
— Michelle Hackman (@MHackman) January 13, 2020
This is a total facepalm. https://t.co/b2ASjyYSlZ
— Townhall.com (@townhallcom) January 11, 2020
— Jon Dougherty (@JonDougherty10) January 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXBUSINESS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXBUSINESS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- Gowdy comments on possible Bolton testimony: ‘Why’
- VIDEO: Why Ted Cruz should be leading Senate impeachment trial
- VIDEO: GOP senator calls CNN reporter a ‘liberal hack’ when asked about Parnas materials
- BREAKING: Senate gives major win to Trump, passes USMCA in sweeping vote, Schumer and Sanders reveal why they voted ‘no’
- TRUMP TWEET: Responds to Pelosi’s announcement on impeachment managers
- REPORT: Pelosi posts record fundraising haul for 2019
- BREAKING: Iraqi refugee launches GOP challenge to Ilhan Omar: ‘She needs to be stopped’ [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Artist paints Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, AOC, other women as battered in campaign against domestic violence [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: DOJ investigating leaks on Russian document that influenced how Comey handled Clinton emails