REPORT: GOP investigators say classified docs will expose misuse of Steele dossier
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Top Republicans talked up classified documents on Sunday they believe will root out FBI misconduct in the early stages of the Trump-Russia investigation.
Over the past few days, GOP lawmakers demanded answers about when the FBI was informed about British ex-spy Christopher Steele’s “political motivations” before his unverified dossier was used to obtain a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant to wiretap Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.
The article goes on to state the following:
Sen. Lindsey Graham, chairman of the Judiciary Committee, sent letters to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz to request documents related to a meeting between Steele and Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Kathleen Kavalec on Oct. 11, 2016 — 10 days before the first warrant application was submitted — and admitted he was encouraged by a client to get his research out before the 2016 election on Nov. 8, signaling a possible political motivation. The meeting was described in notes taken by Kavalec that were obtained by conservative group Citizens United through open-records litigation.
“In her notes, she indicates that Steele was urging to get the dossier out before the election,” Graham, R-S.C., said on “Fox News Sunday.” “And she also, in handwritten notes, indicates that it was paid for by the Democratic Party, the Clinton campaign, the dossier. The most important thing is, she transferred that information to the FBI. So the FBI is now on notice on October the 11th that their confidential informant is trying to get the dossier out for political purposes and that the State Department figured out the Democrats paid for it. How could they then go get a warrant based on that same document and not tell the court what the State Department told them?”
Chairman @LindseyGrahamSC Continues Investigation into Origins of Russia Probe:
New details show political motivation behind Carter Page FISA warrant applicationhttps://t.co/m71PCQQpZz pic.twitter.com/F7gVnJbY5j
— Senate Judiciary (@senjudiciary) May 10, 2019
— Sara A. Carter (@SaraCarterDC) May 12, 2019
GOP investigators say classified docs will expose misuse of Steele dossier https://t.co/Q0xllbTVf3
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chris Cuomo Sends Sean Hannity A Message He Can’t Refuse
- REPORT: US Resident Admits Arranging Fraudulent Marriages So Individuals Would Receive Green Cards
- VIDEO: Harris Faulkner Stops Former Clinton Advisor Cold
- REPORT: McCain’s family, McCain Institute announces method to mark anniversary of his death
- REPORT: Andrew Cuomo addresses Chris Cuomo ‘Fredo’ rant
- VIDEO: Fox News Anchor Fires Back At Trump
- REPORT: Eric Trump shares name of the president’s 10th grandchild [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: White House spokesman rips into media for refusing ‘to call out anti-Semitism’
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart