REPORT: GOP governor endorses Bill Weld over Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Republican governor of Vermont, Phil Scott, endorsed GOP presidential candidate Bill Weld in a show of defiance against President Trump.
Scott, 61, backed the former governor of Massachusetts at a press conference on Saturday, saying, “I’ve met with him before, I think a lot of him and his platform, so I would be supporting him,” according to the Hill.
The article goes on to state the following:
The endorsement comes less than three weeks before Vermont’s March 3 primary. Trump has so far dominated the Republican nomination fight in the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire primary.
“I’m a great admirer of @GovPhilScott of Vermont, and am delighted to have his endorsement in the Republican presidential primary on Super Tuesday.
“[Vermont] has been well served in the past by Republican governors, and Gov. Scott admirably extends that tradition.”
I’m a great admirer of @GovPhilScott of Vermont, and am delighted to have his endorsement in the Republican presidential primary on Super Tuesday. VT has been well served in the past by Republican governors, and Gov. Scott admirably extends that tradition.https://t.co/gTsjMN3UKj
— Gov. Bill Weld (@GovBillWeld) February 15, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: UK’s Johnson gives update from hospital room after experiencing more coronavirus symptoms
- REPORT: Wells Fargo stops taking applications for Paycheck Protection Program loans
- REPORT: Japanese leader declares state of emergency as COVID-19 spreads
- BREAKING: WHO shares alarming warning on how coronavirus can spread
- TRUMP TWEET: Personal message for Dem rep who said he helped save her life
- REPORT: WHO director faces calls for resignation over handling of coronavirus, China
- Submit News
- BREAKING: Coronavirus death toll in USA reaches grim milestone, more fatalities than six wars combined
- REPORT: Country’s PM moved to ICU with worsening coronavirus symptoms. Secretary of state to stand-in
- REPORT: FDA to allow imports of KN95 masks from China amid PPE shortage