REPORT: GOP faces must-win race in North Carolina
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Republicans are scrambling to avoid what would be a devastating loss in the special House election in North Carolina’s 9th District.
Internal polls from both sides show Republican Dan Bishop and Democrat Dan McCready running neck and neck in a traditional GOP stronghold that was unexpectedly competitive in 2018. But privately, several Republican officials and strategists have conceded that Democrats may have an edge in voter enthusiasm in a district that President Trump won by nearly 12 points in 2016.
Republicans have sought to nationalize the race by honing in on issues like Trump’s proposed border wall and labeling McCready a “socialist.” They’re hoping that an eleventh-hour visit to the district by Trump on Monday will lend them the momentum they need to push Bishop across the finish line on Tuesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Democrats, meanwhile, have deployed a divergent strategy in the district, which stretches from the Charlotte suburbs to Fayetteville in the east. McCready has sought to keep his distance from partisan rancor in Washington and cast himself as a compromise-minded moderate.
Special election is tomorrow. Dan Bishop is a star! Pro-Gun, Pro-God, Pro-Wall and PRO-@realDonaldTrump!
— Kimberly Guilfoyle (@kimguilfoyle) September 9, 2019
— Dan Bishop (@jdanbishop) September 9, 2019
President Trump set to hold a ‘Keep America Great Again’ rally tonight in Fayetteville, NC pushing his support behind the Republican candidate Dan Bishop ahead of the state’s special election. pic.twitter.com/C9JFqhyFgp
— Fox & Friends First (@FoxFriendsFirst) September 9, 2019
— Dan McCready (@McCreadyForNC) September 8, 2019
— Steven Shepard (@POLITICO_Steve) September 6, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) September 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: New sexual misconduct accusation leveled against Kavanaugh, echoes previous allegation
- REPORT: Baby born on 9/11 at 9:11 weighing 9 pounds, 11 ounces [PICTURES]
- REPORT: DC flies US flags with 51 stars ahead of statehood hearing
- REPORT: Mike Flynn Is Finally Fighting Back
- POLL: Do you like MAGA or KAG?
- REPORT: Trooper Attacked, Left With Serious Facial Injuries After Routine Traffic Stop
- VIDEO: Portland crowd boos during on-field Armed Forces swearing-in on 9/11
- BREAKING: Trump confirms death of Osama bin Laden’s son
- VIDEO: Horrifying Attack Unfolds On Man In Ilhan Omar’s District
- REPORT: Morning Joe’s Mika suggests Trump isn’t Barron’s father