REPORT: GOP Congressman: Trump got the Left to care about foreign intelligence in elections
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., said President Trump’s comment about being willing to accept foreign opposition research in the 2020 presidential election was a successful way to get the Left to care about foreign intelligence being used by campaigns.
In a tweet on Friday the House Freedom Caucus chairman compared the Democrats’ troubled reaction to Trump’s remark to their dismissal of the Steele dossier.
The article goes on to state the following:
“This week President Trump was able to do something no one else could: get the left to care about foreign intel in our elections,” the North Carolina Republican said. “You’d think Democrats paying for oppo research from Russians, then funneling it to DOJ to open an investigation, would’ve done the trick. Guess not.”
This week President Trump was able to do something no one else could: get the left to care about foreign intel in our elections.
You’d think Democrats paying for oppo research from Russians, then funneling it to DOJ to open an investigation, would’ve done the trick. Guess not.
— Mark Meadows (@RepMarkMeadows) June 14, 2019
The dossier contained unverified claims about Trump’s ties to Russia and was used extensively in the FBI’s Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act applications targeting former Trump campaign associate Carter Page. It was compiled by British ex-spy Christopher Steele, whose work for opposition research firm Fusion GPS was funded by Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the Democratic National Committee.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) June 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Trump makes major announcement on deportations, DML responds
- BREAKING: Judge dismisses House Dem’s lawsuit over border wall funding
- VIDEO: Former campaign staffer charged with murdering ex-senator
- TRUMP TWEET: Something weird going on at Fox
- VIDEO: Schiff declares ‘time is running out’ for Mueller
- REPORT: Muslim Mob Burns Christian Church After Arrest
- REPORT: State Department identifies 23 violations, ‘multiple security incidents’ concerning Clinton emails
- VIDEO: Mayor of border town overrun by illegal immigrants blasts federal government
- REPORT: State House REJECTS popular vote proposal
- BREAKING: Trump announces major shakeup on Secretary of Defense appointment