REPORT: GOP Congressman: Trump got the Left to care about foreign intelligence in elections
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., said President Trump’s comment about being willing to accept foreign opposition research in the 2020 presidential election was a successful way to get the Left to care about foreign intelligence being used by campaigns.
In a tweet on Friday the House Freedom Caucus chairman compared the Democrats’ troubled reaction to Trump’s remark to their dismissal of the Steele dossier.
The article goes on to state the following:
“This week President Trump was able to do something no one else could: get the left to care about foreign intel in our elections,” the North Carolina Republican said. “You’d think Democrats paying for oppo research from Russians, then funneling it to DOJ to open an investigation, would’ve done the trick. Guess not.”
This week President Trump was able to do something no one else could: get the left to care about foreign intel in our elections.
You’d think Democrats paying for oppo research from Russians, then funneling it to DOJ to open an investigation, would’ve done the trick. Guess not.
— Mark Meadows (@RepMarkMeadows) June 14, 2019
The dossier contained unverified claims about Trump’s ties to Russia and was used extensively in the FBI’s Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act applications targeting former Trump campaign associate Carter Page. It was compiled by British ex-spy Christopher Steele, whose work for opposition research firm Fusion GPS was funded by Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the Democratic National Committee.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) June 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Celebrity chef passes away at age 44
- VIDEO: Schiff says he finally found the key to justify impeachment
- VIDEO: Missing Florida girl shown tied up and crying in Instagram video call, family tells police
- REPORT: GRAPHIC: Half-eaten remains of migrant found on Texas ranch near border
- VIDEO: Biden’s campaign likely coming to an end, thanks to Clinton-linked Ukraine bombshell, Nunes says
- Biden gives contentious, finger-pointing answer to reporter over Ukraine question
- REPORT: Pelosi opens door to impeachment
- VIDEO: Florida woman jailed after video of her kicking and choking dog goes viral
- REPORT: Coca-Cola’s surprising new flavor is ‘super difficult to track down’
- BREAKING: 3 dead, others hospitalized in Pittsburgh ‘medical situation’