REPORT: GOP congressman responds to Cher’s tweet on immigration
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) responded to Cher by quoting one of her most famous songs after the singer and longtime critic of President Trump questioned California’s sanctuary policies, saying the state already “can’t take care of its own.”
“I got you, babe,” tweeted Gaetz, a close ally of Trump. He was referencing the song of the same name by Sonny and Cher from 1965.
I got you, babe. https://t.co/KCjYBMQQUz
— Matt Gaetz (@mattgaetz) April 15, 2019
The article goes on to state the following:
Cher’s original tweet appeared to be in response to a controversial proposal by Trump to send detained migrants to “sanctuary cities.”
I Understand Helping struggling Immigrants,but MY CITY (Los Angeles) ISNT TAKING CARE OF ITS OWN.WHAT ABOUT THE 50,000+🇺🇸Citizens WHO LIVE ON THE STREETS.PPL WHO LIVE BELOW POVERTY LINE,& HUNGRY? If My State Can’t Take Care of Its Own(Many Are VETS)How Can it Take Care Of More
— Cher (@cher) April 14, 2019
Many conservatives responded to Cher’s tweet, “welcoming” her to the Republican Party.
Cher, welcome to the Republican Party!
There are 50,000 homeless Veterans, & 500,000 homeless Americans.
Our allegiance is to Americans, not illegal aliens.
— #ThePersistence (@ScottPresler) April 15, 2019
Wow Trump made Cher into a Republican https://t.co/ejsxd3awq4
— Ben Shapiro (@benshapiro) April 15, 2019
Amazing, simply amazing. I guess the leftists are only pro illegals when they can lay the huge burden on someone else.
Cher: Los Angeles ‘Can’t Take Care of Its Own, How Can It Take Care of’ More Immigrants https://t.co/rJzG3aaiVX
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) April 15, 2019
Cher was also called out for the stark difference in her latest tweet, compared to her statement in 2017 that she wanted to take Dreamers into her home.
— Michael Malice (@michaelmalice) April 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: McConnell: Trump is ‘on to something’
- VIDEO: AOC, Ilhan Omar roll out new label for President Trump
- REPORT: Does this photo prove Trump tormentor’s marriage a sham? Omar with husbands
- VIDEO: Elijah Cummings goes ballistic at DHS head during hearing
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton slams Trump rally: ‘The time has come again’
- BREAKING: Senator hospitalized after fall
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy: ‘Nobody cares what Congress does … ‘
- REPORT: New hashtag for Ilhan Omar starts trending after crowd at Trump rally chants ‘Send her back’
- REPORT: How Ilhan Omar tried to shut down rumors she married her BROTHER
- VIDEO: Pro-impeachment Dem walks off live CNN interview: ‘I have to run’