REPORT: Glitch sends thousands of outdated, mysterious texts
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Across the country, hundreds of people this week began reporting that they were receiving months-old text messages in a bizarre tech-twist.
Some reported receiving texts from exes, friends, coworkers and others that were sent earlier this year around Valentine’s Day, the Washington Post reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
The culprit appears to have been third-party text platform Syniverse, who said regular maintenance from its IT staff caused approximately 168,149 undelivered text messages to accidentally be sent this week. The mix-up appears to have affected phones with a number of different operating systems as well as a range of mobile carriers, including Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon.
The report states that the old texts are stirring up a wide range of emotions. Some are just random messages, such as an employee reporting they will be out sick for the day. Others are from now-deceased loved ones.
One woman, a college student in Arizona, said she received a text from her father, who died in March, asking, “How is your day going?”
The new ‘dog-ate-my-homework’: Text platform Syniverse, which is apparently involved in the sending of many of our text messages, says regular maintenance caused 168,149 messages to be delivered 8 months late. By @mariecbaca: https://t.co/JI56iHkR9r
— Christina Passariello (@cpassariello) November 7, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) November 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Ted Cruz torches Rosenstein on Russia probe in blistering grilling
- EXCLUSIVE: NYPD commissioner shares video of cops finding bricks left for looters
- BREAKING: Senate votes on House-passed Paycheck Protection Program reform bill
- REPORT: Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to NFL team, ‘Change your name’
- BREAKING: Pelosi says House will soon announce sweeping police reform legislation
- TRUMP TWEETS: Rips into Sen. Lisa Murkowski with fire and fury!
- VIDEO: Footage of 7-year-old girl in Black Lives Matter march goes viral
- BREAKING: Shock report on jobs for May, economists floored
- WATCH LIVE: Trump holds press conference on JOBS report as stock indexes surge; see Trump’s celebratory tweets
- REPORT: Minnesota provides STAGGERING estimate of damage from George Floyd protests