REPORT: Glitch sends thousands of outdated, mysterious texts
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Across the country, hundreds of people this week began reporting that they were receiving months-old text messages in a bizarre tech-twist.
Some reported receiving texts from exes, friends, coworkers and others that were sent earlier this year around Valentine’s Day, the Washington Post reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
The culprit appears to have been third-party text platform Syniverse, who said regular maintenance from its IT staff caused approximately 168,149 undelivered text messages to accidentally be sent this week. The mix-up appears to have affected phones with a number of different operating systems as well as a range of mobile carriers, including Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon.
The report states that the old texts are stirring up a wide range of emotions. Some are just random messages, such as an employee reporting they will be out sick for the day. Others are from now-deceased loved ones.
One woman, a college student in Arizona, said she received a text from her father, who died in March, asking, “How is your day going?”
The new ‘dog-ate-my-homework’: Text platform Syniverse, which is apparently involved in the sending of many of our text messages, says regular maintenance caused 168,149 messages to be delivered 8 months late. By @mariecbaca: https://t.co/JI56iHkR9r
— Christina Passariello (@cpassariello) November 7, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) November 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Head of Burisma Holdings Indicted; New Links to Obama, Hunter Biden Revealed
- VIDEO: Prince Andrew’s ex speaks out on Epstein
- BREAKING: Rick Perry’s team pushes back on Sondland testimony, releases statement
- BREAKING: Britain’s Prince Andrew steps down from public duties, citing Epstein ties
- POLL: Was Gordon Sondland’s testimony damaging to President Trump?
- VIDEO: Fox News host declares Sondland ‘took out the bus and ran over’ Trump
- REPORT: Pence’s office responds to Sondland’s testimony claiming he raised concerns about investigations
- REPORT: Photo emerges of alleged whistleblower shaking hands with Barack Obama in Oval Office [PHOTO]
- REPORT: Results of Hunter Biden DNA test revealed
- VIDEO: Rep Turner Gets Witness To Correct Bombshell Claim, Debunks CNN Headline In Real Time