REPORT: Ginsburg health scare raises prospect of election year Supreme Court battle
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The recent hospitalization of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg following a year of health scares has raised the prospect of a Supreme Court vacancy in an election year and a partisan battle royal that would likely surpass the impeachment fight.
Liberal activists are already calling on President Trump to keep any possible Supreme Court vacancy open until after the 2020 election, but Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has indicated he would fill a court vacancy next year, even though he blocked former President Obama’s nominee for most of 2016 after the death of Justice Antonin Scalia.
The article goes on to state the following:
Ginsburg, 86, was released from Johns Hopkins Hospital last week after suffering from a fever. She has also had surgery for lung cancer and received treatment for pancreatic cancer in the past year.
— The Hill (@thehill) November 30, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: NY Democrat who attended White House ball announces his vote on impeachment
- BREAKING: First-term Democrats push former Republican as impeachment manager
- BREAKING: Schumer sends letter to McConnell naming top two witnesses he will request for testimony in Senate trial
- Kellyanne Conway sounds off on what’s missing from Democrats’ impeachment articles
- OpEd: Naval Aviator reveals what really happened in Pensacola. A must read and share.
- JUST IN: Anti-impeachment Democrat poised to switch parties
- UPDATE: China suspends tariffs on US products scheduled to go into effect Sunday
- VIDEO: ‘Too damn late:’ Gowdy blasts Comey admission he was wrong about FISA abuse
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham invites key Trump ally to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump