REPORT: Gillibrand raises $3 million in first quarter, trailing rivals
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand’s (D-N.Y.) presidential campaign raised $3 million in the first quarter of 2019, her spokesman announced Sunday, putting her behind other senators who are also running for the White House in 2020.
Gillibrand’s campaign ended the quarter with $10.2 million in cash on hand, the spokesperson, Meredith Kelly, said in a tweet.
Gillibrand’s first-quarter fundraising fell well short of fellow Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) and Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), who have also announced 2020 presidential bids. Sanders raised more than $18 million, Harris raised more than $12 million and Warren raised $6 million in the first three months of the year.
The article goes on to state the following:
Sens. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), who are also running for the White House, each raised more than $5 million during the period. Former Rep. Beto O’Rourke (D-Texas) had a haul of $9.4 million and South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who is expected to announce his presidential candidacy on Sunday, raised more than $7 million in the first quarter.
NEWS: In Q1, Kirsten Gillibrand raised $3M & ends quarter with $10.2M Cash on Hand.
This ranks her TOP FOUR for money in the bank at this early stage of the campaign.
And the campaign’s growth since officially launching on March 17th is very exciting.
— Meredith Kelly (@meredithk27) April 14, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) April 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- REPORT: FBI found Hillary Clinton’s emails in Obama White House, former top official says
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: State debating bill to ban ‘sanctuary city’ policies; ACLU warns people not to travel there if it passes
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: Judge to block Trump administration’s rules targeting Planned Parenthood
- VIDEO: Piers Morgan has a message for Democrats wanting to impeach Trump
- REPORT: After Girl Held as ‘Slave’ for 16 Years in Texas, Captors Mohamed Toure and Wife get Light Sentence