REPORT: Georgia Gov. Kemp to Defy Trump, Appoint Loeffler to Senate
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:
Georgia Republican Gov. Brian Kemp will likely tap business executive Kelly Loeffler to the U.S. Senate despite strong criticism from his conservative base over Loeffler’s affiliation with Planned Parenthood, Stacey Abrams, and establishment Republicans, according to a report released Friday.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Friday that Kemp plans to tap business executive Loeffler next week as he will attempt to appeal to Georgia suburban women despite the conservative opposition to Loeffler.
The article goes on to state the following:
Kemp’s potential nomination of Loeffler will defy President Donald Trump, prominent conservative organizations, and Georgia’s conservative base that helped Kemp get elected to the governor’s office.
Here’s a dandy: Trump secretly met Sunday in the White House with Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp and the governor’s preferred pick to fill the state’s Senate seat, Atlanta businesswoman Kelly Loeffler – and told Kemp not to pick Loeffler. https://t.co/Lby2q3eFhy
— Amy Siskind 🏳️🌈 (@Amy_Siskind) November 26, 2019
BREAKING: Gov. Brian Kemp plans to tap financial executive Kelly Loeffler to a U.S. Senate seat next week as he pushes to expand the Georgia GOP’s appeal to women who have fled the party in recent years. https://t.co/V193VmwLMh
— AJC (@ajc) November 29, 2019
A Sunday meeting turned tense when Trump told Gov. Brian Kemp that he would be taking a risk by appointing Atlanta businesswoman Kelly Loeffler https://t.co/Wx0sph0IHc
— The Daily Beast (@thedailybeast) November 26, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit BREITBART.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting BREITBART.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Watch live: House Judiciary Committee to begin debate on impeachment articles
- VIDEO: College student, 18, beaten and stabbed to death in savage mugging near NYC park
- VIDEO: Ted Cruz: IG report shows Obama admin’s stunning abuse of power
- REPORT: Trump campaign tweets video of Trump as ‘Avengers’ villain Thanos
- REPORT: Trump criticizes Greta Thunberg after ‘Person of the Year’ win
- VIDEO: Watch live: House Judiciary Committee debates impeachment articles against Trump
- REPORT: Fox News’ Chris Wallace delivers blistering attack on President Trump in speech at media event
- BREAKING: ‘Treason’: House Judiciary Committee Report Implicates Trump in Ultimate Crime
- BREAKING: Hunter Biden to be grilled under oath about his money and Ukraine ties
- REPORT: President Trump considering adding Alan Dershowitz to impeachment legal team