REPORT: GAO identifies ‘tens of billions’ in potential government savings
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The government could save tens of billions of dollars by addressing 467 issues, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) said in its annual report released Tuesday.
The report found, for example, that the Navy could save billions by improving its acquisition practices.
The article goes on to state the following:
“GAO found 150 examples of systemic maintenance problems, such as failed engines and non-functional plumbing,” GAO said.
Other recommendations included:
- White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) could improve oversight for disaster relief funding for “significant cost savings.”
- Defense Department could save hundreds of millions that go toward unfinished work at military depots
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services could save tens of millions by pushing states to implement screening and enrollment requirements for providers
- Government National Mortgage Association could save tens of millions of dollars through making its operations more efficient
- Department of Energy could save tens of billions of dollars over unfulfilled recommendations on low-activity waste
- IRS efforts to combat identity theft refund fraud could save billions.
Our latest report on improving #government efficiency has 168 new ways Congress or federal agencies—such as @DeptofDefense—could improve federal programs and save #taxpayer $$. Check out today’s WatchBlog for highlights: https://t.co/bDIVrOr3zl pic.twitter.com/hE9n2OiyPQ
— U.S. GAO (@USGAO) May 19, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- REPORT: Trump gives Grenell something special after he steps down
- VIDEO: Ben Carson speaks out on protests and rioting across the nation
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- REPORT: DOJ files formal appeal with Supreme Court over House access to Mueller grand jury material
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- REPORT: GOP governor rejects use of military to quell protests