REPORT: French police use water cannon on G7 protesters
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WJLA.COM:
BIARRITZ, France (AP) — Police have fired water cannon at about 400 anti-capitalist protesters blocking roads in a town near the venue of the G-7 summit in southwest France.
A few protesters threw rocks at police but the crowd in Bayonne was largely peaceful, with some activists dancing.
The article goes on to state the following:
Police responded with warning shots and then water cannon. The incident took place near a bridge barricaded by police as part of extensive security measures around the Group of Summit meeting that opens Saturday.
Police have fired water cannon at about 400 anti-capitalist protesters blocking roads in a town near the venue of the G7 summit in south-west France.
— LBC Breaking (@lbcbreaking) August 24, 2019
— Bloomberg TicToc (@tictoc) August 24, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WJLA.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WJLA.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Lead singer of rock band passes away at age 75
- BREAKING: Saudi-led coalition reports evidence indicating who’s to blame for oil plant attacks
- VIDEO: Omar responds to family of 9/11 victim who called her out at anniversary ceremony
- VIDEO: Actress Traveling America Apologizing for Her White Privilege
- REPORT: Fisherman catches strange, ‘dinosaur-like’ creature [PHOTO]
- BREAKING: State of New York takes major action to get their hands on Trump’s tax returns
- BREAKING: Dog The Bounty Hunter, 66, ‘suffers heart emergency’
- VIDEO: Father-of-three blows up home on day of daughter’s wedding
- BREAKING: NASCAR champ, 61, dies in plane crash near Rhode Island
- REPORT: Mike Pence’s nephew marries Kellyanne Conway’s cousin in New Jersey