REPORT: Freedom Caucus is replacing its leader. Here’s who will take the reigns
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) will step down as chairman of the House Freedom Caucus on Oct. 1 and will be replaced by Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), who was officially elected as the new chairman on Tuesday.
Meadows, one of President Trump’s close allies, was a heavy influence on House legislation as leader of the conservative group during Trump’s first term, and he is expected to remain on its board moving forward.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I’ve been honored and humbled to serve as chairman of the Freedom Caucus for the last two and a half years, and I can’t think of a better person to pass the torch to than Andy Biggs,” Meadows said in a statement.
“Rep. Biggs is an outstanding public servant, a strong conservative, and a steady voice with the right experience to build on the tremendous strides our caucus has made since 2015 in fighting for open, limited, and accountable government. He’ll be a phenomenal leader for our group,” Meadows added.
“I’m grateful for the trust of my colleagues in selecting me to serve as the next chairman of the @freedomcaucus. Great leaders like @Jim_Jordan and @RepMarkMeadows have fostered a caucus that is a force for conservative principles,” Biggs tweeted.
I’m grateful for the trust of my colleagues in selecting me to serve as the next chairman of the @freedomcaucus. Great leaders like @Jim_Jordan and @RepMarkMeadows have fostered a caucus that is a force for conservative principles, https://t.co/qQ1B5iHmTR
— Rep Andy Biggs (@RepAndyBiggsAZ) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Jim Jordan breaks down Dems’ impeachment trial talking points
- VIDEO: Chaffetz weighs in as media heaps praise on Adam Schiff
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts
- Live: Senate impeachment trial of President Trump Day 4
- REPORT: Wuhan coronavirus has spread to 9 countries, at least two US cities. New possible US cases reported
- VIDEO: Dad Confronts Warren On Student Loan Forgiveness
- TRUMP TWEETS: Mocks Bloomberg, who quickly responds
- VIDEO: California man dies after hurtling 400 feet across river in his Mercedes after 100 mph police chase
- VIDEO: Worker’s dead body is visible in New Orleans Hard Rock Hotel debris
- REPORT: Trump sets presidential record for most tweets in a day